In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ordered the barrel for my last stripped upper/ the upper is complete

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,470 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

Found a pretty good deal on a 6mm ARC barrel and I already have a 6.5 Grendel bolt carrier group. Should be a nice project while I'm at home helping the wife with her recovery.

Comments

• Options

6mm ARC decided to assemble a lower for it now the fun begins to start ordering parts

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,387 ******

You gonna go with a striped or an 80%?

• Options
    edited May 2022

Stripped All the operating controls will be in Olive Drab just ordered the kit from PSA. The trigger will be a Forma Tactical Hammer Head and I have a A2 buffer kit and Hogue stock ordered

• Options

May not be able to keep it long but here is the finished project

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,629 ✭✭✭✭

good on you

what do you mean not be able to keep it long?

I think I have 3 maybe 4 stripped lowers saad I am not sure but bought them a few years ago and just tucked them away in the safe and uppers I am sure one or two mostly assembled . just falling behind on motivation just waiting on another kick in the butt to get back on them for now too many summer and fall projects I am way behind on . I know they will be 5.56 maybe 300 black out . at this stage in my life I do not want to start another caliber and the whole rounding up ammo for it LOL after I kick off my sons may make change them to what ever new wiz bang new kid on the block ammo 😁

• Options
    edited June 2022

I was just being sarcastic with the current political BS going on right now

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,629 ✭✭✭✭

I thought that was it's intent

Well let us know how it goes

As for current bs shoveld at gun owners

I have told my wife no way will any gun ever be taken from me

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,047 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,387 ******

Turned out good!

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭

AR barrels just 'show up' here now and then. I have a 'price point' that triggers a buying reaction. Right now, I'm down to 2(OK maybe 3) stripped uppers and 2 BCG's awaiting barrels. I'm done with the long, heavy, cumbersome uppers and mostly focus on the lighter 'pencil' barrel profiles. I'm not looking for high volume or extreme range but more into light, handy 300 yard capable carbines.

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

Looks good Gary