In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

So called

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

"Ghost guns" (I hate that term) have been banned in Illinois. The Gov thinks this will prevent shootings and crime in chitcago.

I didn't know this but there are a bunch of states that have banned them.

WA, HI, NV, VA, NY, DC, NJ, DE, CT, RI and now IL.(VA kind of surprised me)

The article I read also states that 3D printers are used to make them. I would think the people who have access and the ability to program a 3D printer and not using it to make guns to sell to thugs. I would think most of the guns used by gang banger thugs are stolen.

RLTW

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭✭

It's a ghost gun, I call mine Casper . Politicians have no idea what they are talking about .

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

In other words, with a politician it may be a different day but it is still the S.O.S

Bob

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,163 ✭✭✭✭

Like banning them will make them go away. Kind a want them to ban illegal "migrants" so I can see what happens. Will they follow the law? Not likely since they're breaking them to get in here. Kind a like having a virtual White House so they can't burn it down.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

10 people were shot in chitcago last night, 2 of them died. The artical I read says a suspect was in custody and the weapon recovered. I wounder if it was a "Ghost gun"............

BTW the shooting was outside of a McDonalds if that means anything.

RLTW

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭

Since the ATF has proposed that any FFL receiving a firearm with no serial number will be required to stamp one on there, and there is no protocol for selecting a serial number- AND there is a crapload of pre 1968 rifles and shotguns that have never HAD a serial number....

I'm looking at putting together stamp sets I gave sell at cost to dealers. Serial numbers will be FJB 001, 002, 003.....

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

This is election year for governor of Illinois. JB Pritzer or JB Fatpuck as he is referred to around this part of the state. He will sign anything and claim victory to get re-elected. I suspect most guns found with the serial numbers ground off were stollen, but will be claimed as a ghost gun, even though they are not a true ghost gun that has been made out of home made parts.