In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BUY GOLD!! HURRY!!!

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

I hear those commercials on the radio every 15 min. Who is buying gold at $1850.00 an once?? I say go to walmart and buy every bicycle they have. If gas does hit six bucks a gallon like I am also hearing on the radio, bicycles will triple in value. Oh, you might want to get a few pairs of those silk shorts the riders wear too.

Comments

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭✭

People would be too lazy to bicycle anywhere. Most will curl up and die if we lose internet and power! Just sayin!

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

I was laughing at an ad I saw yesterday that had a sale on gold at reduced prices. Gold was almost $2100 in march and now &1876. Silver was about $29 and less than $25 today. The only ones consistently making any money on gold and silver are the ones that you hear on those ads. They make a profit selling it and then make a commission on buying it back from you. I mentioned the other day that I don't know where the stock market sell off money is going because both metals and crypto have gone down. Personally, I am saving up for a big investment at the gas pump. Bob

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭✭

I am sort of out of the loop,but why are gas prices so high? I have not heard of a shortage.The war in Ukraine? I was under the impression that we bought oil from the middle east after Mr. I.Q. in the White House killed domestic production.Who is making all the money from these gas prices?

• Options

All apart of the plan to * America. Ironically, that's the ONLY thing that Joe is doing a good job at!

• Options

* was a word that means to injure. Guess I can't use that word either! SMDH

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,387 ******

Well if you listen to the dems it's the oil companies making all the money... me I've been investing in the patch since the middle of the pandemic and doing ok... but the reality imho is the powers that be are just doing whatever they can to hurt all consumers until they save us from it right before the mid-term elections... of course if you just ask @serf it is all part of the plan...

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭✭

Aluminum!!! $1.25 a pound here for crushed cans.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Chicken wings are the new top commodity.

RLTW

• Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭

dang at that price im making money drinking beer.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭

We all have to do our part varian.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

I read they are reprogramming pumps for $10+ They are digging in

• Options

Getting back to gold & silver, yes both have been falling since mid April. I started buying a little gold & silver about 20 years ago. Just a little at a time. I didn't care much if it went up or down because it was like going to Vegas. I would go twice a year for many years because I enjoyed it. I'm not a big better and win or lose I still had a good time. The big difference between Vegas is that I could lose it all in Vegas but losing it all in metals is pretty unlikely.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,158 ✭✭✭✭

Buying physical gold/silver is fine but one still has to find a buyer when you want to cash out. Take a hit on fees (below spot melt price, what ever) but hopefully the "profit" will cover that. With 10% inflation you're already in the red.

Personally if I were to get back in to heavy metal again I'd go back buying scrap gold/silver. One gets to use before re-selling the sterling flatwares pinkies out and get all fancy like wear pants at the table. Or use the old sterling trophy cups as a chalice for your Natty Ice (get your "Indiana Jones 3").

But these days lead and copper jackets are still better performers.

As for oil one would think finishing the "XL" is much more greener than shipping oil from Venezuela being closer than Mid East. I'm sure them boats don't run on solar. Besides Canadians tolerate us instead of out right hate us like the people shipping oil over this way.

I think the next president will be the one who promises to finish the XL and tell all the haters to kick rocks. I suppose getting the oil off US Dollar and in to Yuan or Ruble (crazy yet Gold) might be short sighted? But finish the pipeline will lead that person to the White House.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

The talking heads are saying to invest in Government contract quality arms manufacturers because of usage of them in The Ukraine war.I say food manufacturing until they kill off everyone first😎

serf

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭

Gold, silver, real estate, stocks, if you are expecting to make big money in a short term, you are not investing, you are gambling.

• Options

I agree truthful, I always was thinking long term when it came to metal. However, "long term" may need to be reevaluated the way things are presently going.

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

I have always held, looked at gold not as an investment, but as a hedge against inflation. No matter if the spot price of gold goes up or down it will always be worth something. In these times I have started to look at it as a safety factor. Let’s say the dollar does collapse, the government, whether federal, state or local will still exist, and they will still demand taxes to be payed. Remember history of the Great Depression, mostly all property lost wasn’t account of the banks foreclosing, it was account of people couldn’t pay their property tax, and then bank moved in to protect their investment by foreclosing on the property so that the government wouldn’t come in and sell the property for the taxes. But if you decide to invest in gold, do not buy gold on paper, but in gold it self. The old saying of gold remember is; if you can’t hold it, you don’t own it.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭

'But these days lead and copper jackets are still better performers.'

Bought around 450 Lbs. of lead and copper from CMP over the years in 152 grain units at appx. $ 11.00 per pound. Current value is around $ 45.00 per pound.

It has done much better than gold or silver, which have over the same purchasing picture appreciated by around 60%.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,426 ******

I buy my lead to keep. Besides with the cost to ship things by the pound, I'd lose too much of the value selling it to far away places.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭

Over the years I have put my spare change into precious metals. Stainless steel, blued steel, nickeled steel.

The only other metals have been the silver in my hair and the lead in my butt.