In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

For you Colt experts

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭

I got to looking at some of my old pistols and found a Colt 25 cal pistol. The s/n is 54813 and according to Fjestad it was made in 1852. Any idea what it might be worth? I may have to put it on the auction side to afford a tank of gas in my truck.

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

1852?

Wow the worlds first semi auto handgun maybe?

RLTW

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭✭

It was patented 1897, no idea what year it was actually made, notlr what it's worth. It is old however!

• Options

Right Sam06. I was looking at Colt revolvers. I can't find anything in my book about old semi's. GB #932949139 looks like mine (without the engraving). That one has a 6 digit s/n and the newest patent date is 1917. I guess like so many things, it's worth what someone will pay for it.

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭

I had one from 1920 and it had a 6 digit number if it doesn't have the mag disconnector it pre dates 1917 that is the extent of my knowledge on them

• Options

savage170, my mag release is on the bottom of the grip and not on the side of the grip where I have seen some. I guess this one must be pre-1917 since the latest patent number on mine is 1910.

• Options
    thorhammerthorhammer Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

From the 2015 blue book, "Vest Model 1908-Hammerless, 25 ACP

60% $275

70% $350

80% $425

Looks like you have zero finish, no blue left

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Looks like it was made around 1911 Jeff. Those grips are worth 75 if not cracked. The magazine sure looks like I don't know what but not looking factory from the pics. imo.

It still will bring couple hundred, I think.

Here is mine made much later than yours but still a 1908.

• Options

Thanks thorhammer. I think I'll just keep it. Yes Grasshopper, the grips are excellent and you have a good eye. For some reason someone has bubba'd the mag. There is a machined aluminum block installed between the mag body and base plate. It looks like that base is secured by 2 tiny pins. If I can't restore it I'll buy one on the auction side. Thanks for the info guys.