In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Found a new add on to the Maten

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

A Victrix "Rome" Detachable Carry Handle. seen it a while back in a magazine but it didn't mention who made them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6P7FBrLik0 I have a bad habit of picking up my big girl by the scope. If the scope was 34mm I think this would be a non issue but being 30mm I kind a worry. I kind a hope the slot will open beer bottles. The price is 130,74€ what ever that turns out to be in Dollars.

https://www.romeaccessories.it/en/home/ if you wanna bruise through their stuff. They make bipods that are like Atlas legs with Accu Tac chassis. I see the Euro and US Dollar is trading almost even money (I have to pay .06 cents more for a Euro). Maybe I should wait until the 10% inflation is under control? Then again maybe Covid2022 will trigger another lock down?

Comments

• Options

A shop in Canada wouldn't ship it to the US or California so I had to order it from Italy. Had to pay $50 shipping. They better pack some shwag of "ini" sauce with the handle.

• Options

Got the quick release carry handle today 5/31. It's nice. Didn't find it until I was about to leave for work. It was nice the porch pirates didn't strike. So I was only able to check it out for a few minuets. Them Degos make nice product. After work I'll see how the handle will look/work on my Maten.

No shwag. Not even a sticker. Not that I would use them.

Anyways, I could have gone without the finger grooves but since it's just barely there I shouldn't notice (much) if it gets bad I'll just sand it. Take off a few grams to lighten the rig. The real concern is the quick release bar snagging on something and the rig dropping to the ground. Maybe a little duct tape covering the bar?

• Options

The handle is okay but the rifle isn't centered even with the bi-pod up front (the barrel still tips up). After it clamps on, the quick release isn't as touchy as I thought.