In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a knife

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

Good for the motorcyclist for having such restraint. This is how you do concealed carry correctly. Still lucky he wasn't knifed. The man has quite the patience.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭

WOW, after he tried to knife me, could have been curtains, just saying. Road RAGE people it is not worth it. I avoid it at all costs. Everyone makes mistakes and it is not worth confronting someone, period.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

All that shows is how stupid people are. Absolutely nothing else. Everything I saw was wrong.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

Probably the stupidest moment was when the gun was pulled the knife wasn't dropped. But that's in a long list.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Dumbest moment, other than pulling over, is when the man didn't back up IMMEDIATELY when the knife came out!

First, don't pull over! 2nd, if someone has a knife BACK UP and create distance. Distance is the diff between winning and losing in a knife/gun fight combo. If the knife man KNEW how to use a knife, it would have been bad for the man with the gun in his vest!

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

If the man with the knife had known how to use it and been willing, the other guy would never have seen the knife till it had been slipped into his ribs a half dozen times and then it would not have mattered. To get out in the street may be fun, until it isn't. Anytime one can avoid a fight is good. Some cannot be and then of course extreme violence may be the answer. None of what I saw was worth killing or dying for. And that woman with the mouth would have to go. A loud-mouthed woman will cause all kinds of trouble, ask any bouncer.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,243 ✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable to me how guys both pull over, following a minor traffic dispute, and are going to settle it on the street. And both are armed.

And inevitably a shrieking female in the background. She probably urged the gun guy to pull over and "settle it."

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭

NEVER bring a knife to a gun fight.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭

Well if I do.........I hope the gun man is like the one in the video!