In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GB/Browser Problem

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else have a problem loading the auction side using Firefox? I can't starting 2 days ago but am able to using Brave.

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭

I never could use Firefox to browse on here , finally just dumped it

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭

Firefox has made some problematic changes lately. Lots of people are dumping it.

Brave is a much more private and secure choice.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info guys. Glad to know that I'm not crazy, or if I am it has nothing to do with my Firefox problem.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options

We should all have a "backup" browser because not all websites will display or function properly on any given browser. Web designers simply can't test out their designs using every browser that's out there.

Brave is my choice for almost everything, but one or two sites I visit won't load on Brave. I keep a de-Googled version of Chromium in my menu to view those sites. I do still have Firefox loaded, but use it mostly as a storage vault for my bookmarks.

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I use Chrome for Gun Broker, but I tried Firefox and it was working fine in the auctions and in the forums.

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭

For what it's worth, I just got on with Firefox using Duck Duck Go as my browser.

Joe

• Options

We just got a Severe Thunder Storm Warning, with heavy rain, lightning, high winds, with possible tree damage.

Just what we need more rain. 🤬

Joe

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

I have always run Firefox. Never a hitch.

• Options
    edited May 2022

Bubba, to clarify some terms...

Your browser is the software that gets you onto the internet. Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Opera, and such are your browsers.

The service on your browser that lets you look things up is your search engine. Google, Duck Duck Go, Yahoo, and such are search engines.

Adding to the confusion, however, are browsers and search engines with the same name. Brave and recently Duck Duck Go have come out with both. I use the Brave browser and Brave search engine, for example.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭

We use Chrome mostly, but Microsoft Edge as my "other" browser.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options

Why doesn't the software keep my login info like I tell it to every single time I log in over and over. My average recently is 4 times before I actually get logged in. And that's after playing the capcha game several times a login. I am almost ready to sign off for good instead of putting up with this nonsense every single time I try to log back in.

Joe

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

I have never had a problem using Firefox.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭

It seems at any given time, at least a site or two I frequent has an issue with one of my browsers, or browser extensions. I use a lot of tracking and blocking stuff mostly because I hate targeted ads. It messes up pages periodically. Firefox has worked fine though on GB except for my Android had some minor issues a while back with it on GB.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options

That brings up a point. Browsers come in different versions to run on different operating systems. Windows Firefox is different from Mac, Android, Linux, or mobile platforms. How or if Firefox works for you might depend on which OS you are running, in what update version, and maybe even the phase of the moon.

• Options

I went downstairs and got on my old computer and the process of logging in was almost the same as it used to be. The only problem is that it is cold in the basement. 😱

Joe

• Options

Just a reminder that old and seldom-used computers are prime for conversion to Linux. Nothing to risk and so much to gain.

• Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

I'm using firefox. I did have some issues with GB last week getting passed the front page. Don't know if it was fire fox or GB, but problems with firefox have otherwise been few and far between. I'll look into Brave to see what they are about, just in case.

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Yes, when that happens to me I have more than one browser on my computer and I just switch browsers for awhile to get into GB and other sites.

Quite often I have to switch browsers when visiting other sites that I go to often.

Seems the computer's really likes to screw with my brain right when I need it to be left alone or

I was wondering if it's the way I hold my mouth.