In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

He wanted to bring it in

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Sitting here with the sliding doors open and the screen doors closed. It went from 95 last week to highs in the 60's.

I heard some squeaking and went to see what might be in distress. Max had caught a mouse and it was still very much alive. He was waiting patiently with it in his mouth. He wanted to bring it inside.

I acknowledged a job well done. I did not open the screen doors. I preferred to not get my exercise via the great mouse chase.

The mouse finally gave up the ghost at which point Max lost interest.

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭

Martha has not tried to bring anything in, but she does leave things on the door mat !!! Then she gets mad if you remove it.

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, we had a rat race one night here.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭

from past experience cats are great at bringing home guest and some times releasing them in the house .

the group we have now not so much but in the past had to do a inspection if one was wanting in

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,393 ******

Our house cat "Junior" owns at least a dozen fake toy mouses that I find all over the place. They are actually quite real looking and every once in a while I will pass up a dead mouse that I mistook for a toy! 😲

One of those was laying on the basement sofa across from my spot where I watch TV. Smelling something raunchy (and it wasn't my old socks), I had to get out the steam cleaner for that one!

Aint CATS a HOOT! 🤪

• Options
    love2shootlove2shoot Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Our cat brought in a live blackbird and turned it loose at dinner time.

• Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

Yeti, our female show shoe Himalayan, woke LOML up one night by growling and stomping on the covers.

Had a (fortunatly) dead mouse she was wanting to show off at two in the morning!

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing better than seeing them contributing. Most of them are just free loading lap warmers (at best).

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭

One of the guys I worked with had a Lab chase a skunk through the doggie door and killed it in the kitchen.