In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lost another one

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard I lost another 1st cousin over the weekend he was four years younger than I my brother RIP and him were very close when younger

That makes two cousins in just a few weeks both were about same age and both were my moms brotheres sons all gone now may they RIP

Like my brother they both lived a for the most part care fee worry free life's

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,375 ******

Sorry for your losses Ditch-Runner. I have lost contact with most of my cousins over the years. They are scattered all over the country and most of the female cousins got married and have last names I do not even know.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭

same here we had a small family compared to most on both mom and dads side now my dad did had 7 or 8 sisters I have no idea of any of there family or where abouts in Tennessee and at least three generations of them by now I have no way to even find them . mom had a two brothers and one sister all have passed on as a kid I knew and was around a few of the cousins both my moms brothers and our family were close as kids but every one went there own way had families and again I have no idea of how many kids if any or what happened to most all of them . sad we let that happen but sure is easy to get caught up in life and forget the simple things like keeping in touch .

its just a another kick in the head about being old when your family all start passing away and seems only yesterday t like we were all in the yard as kids playing

RIP and glad I am still around to honor there memory

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,375 ******

I hear ya there D-R! I came from a very large family on both parents sides. All of my cousins were very close growing up. As a matter of fact, way back when I first watched that movie "Tombstone", a quote from Val Kilmer's rendition of Doc Holliday made me blush!

“I was in love once. My first cousin. She was… We were both so…

She joined a convent over the affair.

She was all I ever wanted.” 😲

Well! My relationship didn't go quite that far as ole Doc's, but who really can understand what goes on in the mind of a 13 year old boy!! 😁

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin

Sorry for your loss DR.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭

Very sorry for your losses....tough getting older and watching family and friends slowly fade away. Prayers for God's peace and comfort for you and your family..

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭

We watched the family members get old and now its our turn.