In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Modified S&W Model 14

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/933682414

Very curious what this caliber might be.

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭

That is an oddball. Seller guesses 4 m/m so who knows if he doesn't.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

At $315 it already seems overpriced to me. Especially since the buyer will have to replace the broken rear sight.

Neal

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

My best guess: Bubba tried to make a .17 cal. wildcat.

Need to see cylinder bores, fore and aft.

What a waste of a fine revolver !

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭

The don't say or show if the bore has been modified as well. The added markings might be a clue.

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭

Pics seem to show that the bore was modified too. What a shame, unless you KNOW what caliber it is and really want it. SMDH

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Very sad because those are awesome target guns. I have a 1952 version K38 that’s a tack driver that I paid $225 for. It was reblued at some point in its life and didn’t have the original grips so hence the cheap price. That gun to me in the auction wouldn’t be worth more than $100 in parts. If you picked it up for $100 you could get a new barrel,cylinder and rear sight and be back in business.

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

my 'guess' is a .17 cal pellet propelled by a cut off primed .38 special case