In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

45 Years Ago ...

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭

... Today, in a Galaxy far, far away: Star Wars was released in the USA ! ... 😁

The film was re-release in 1981. It morphed into Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope

Han, Luke and Leia save the Universe with modified Broom Handle Mauser's !

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭

I remember waiting hours outside the Coliseum (Seattle) with a gazillion other people - line to the left for the next showing, line to the right for two showings later. One guy even had - gasp - a portable black and white TV with a screen all of 4". Not really safe to even walk through that area nowadays.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭

I remember it well

I just met a gal who had been leaving notes on my car where I worked at the grocery store . so we met up I ask you want to get some food go to a movie ( theater ) she said sure lets go .

this in no kidding we got in to the theater sat down the move was Star wars first showing in our town I doubt 5 minutes into the show she said you want to leave and go .... well heck yes πŸ˜› after that few weeks of "dating "😲 and the relation ship faded away my choice , it was several years later when I got to watch star wars, now looking back I can say it was well worth putting off star wars for the option given to me that day . 😁

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

Ah yes seems like yesterday....I was about to graduate from HS, was dating my high school sweetie (who I married four years later )....My ride was a 1974 Mustang II (What a turd that one was) and the World was full of possibilities as I was leaving for college in just a few short months...

Great flick and for it's time, fantastic effects...

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭

My ride at that time was a 71 Mach 1 351 clevland 4 speed cragars of course another car I would love to have back

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Now that was a MUSTANG.....unlike the thing I was driving !!!!! Mine was a "MINO": Mustang in name only !!!

The best thing that happened to me was totaling that turd (not my fault) and moving on to a 72 T-Bird that I drove most of my college years..

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

It was 1977 in the month of September. I was getting off a plane in Jacksonville Fla. to begin a two week active duty post for the Navy Reserves at Cecil Field. Did my active duty years in the USAF and transferred over to the Navy as a reservist.

Feeling the blast of Florida heat getting off that plane directly onto the tarmac is something I will never forget!! Coming from northern Michigan, I thought I had deplaned into H.E.L.L. 😲

Remember seeing those Star Wars movie promo's on TV during that time and just thought it was another goofy sci-fi muppet flick made for kids. The REAL movies IMO back then were Smokey and the Bandit, Oh God, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Rolling Thunder, and The Gauntlet.

I did finally get around to watching the first made Star Wars movie with my two oldest sons when it was rereleased in the early 80's. It was a lot better than I had perceived of it back when it first came out.

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭

I saw it when it came out . 1977 was also when I started what would be a 32 year career working for the state . My ride was a 1969 cougar convertible.

cry Havoc and let slip Β the dogs of war.....Β