In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

That's wild. I have spent a lot of time in and around the lakes of Canada and I can assure you that moose like to swim. The bull will dive down 15 feet to eat seaweed growing on the bottom, and come back up with his horns covered in seaweed. But never saw a moose cliff diving, spectacular!

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭

Lotta splash when he hit !

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

He could have been escaping from wolves. I saw something similar once in theBoundry Waters of Ontario, but not as spectacular. A cow and calf jumped into the water and swam away. Less than a minute later the wolf showed up.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

The Boundary Waters! That is where I went. We drove up to Ely, we put the canoe in the water in the Boundary Waters, then we crossed into Quetico Park in Ontario, in the canoe. Lots of moose in those parts.

First time I went was in June ,lots of mosquitos in June. Big mosquitos.

• Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

I spent 10 days in the Boundary Waters as a Boy Scout, then went back with my son's troop a few years ago.

At the parent orientation one mother asked how we were going to get the boys to go to bed at night.

I answered, "We'll keep them busy all day hiking, fishing, swimming, padddling canoes and then when the sun goes down the mosquitos will chase them into the tents."😁

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭

Like the cliff divers of Mexico.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭

Our resident Bull at the club’s fishing pond. They are good swimmers.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Wild. Glad he wasn't hurt.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

My wife's first encounter with a moose in the wild was when she tagged along on one of my Canadian fly in fishing trips. We were trolling for walleye and when we came around a bend a moose popped its head out of the water 20 feet from the boat. Kind of startled us a little bit. Now if I show her this article she will worry that the next trip the dang moose will be falling out of the sky!😁 Bob