In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Electric Bus Fire

redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭

nothing to see here , <<< green font needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-yN8SugWM

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******

For a while there I thought they were filming Grandpa Mumble's presidency.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

There are many videos about lithium batteries erupting. They pack a huge amount of energy in a very small space. Remember Boeings solution to this problem with the 777 batteries was to put them in an explosion proof stainless steel box and vent it outside the plane.

It is also important to know that electric cars and trucks do not have this safeguard.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

That's a huge Pinto.

Was the other bus driver sleeping? Didn't move for good 30 seconds.

• Options
    Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭

...A regular battery exploding can blind or kill your butt, imagine what one THAT size can do...a buddy of mine grabbed a rachet and went to install & tighten a cable on a battery that had been charging...flopped the rachet over and made contact with the other post, BOOM!...the entire top two inches of the battery exploded, just gone(!)... covered his face and eyes with battery acid...I was behind him so he blocked the acid from covering me too...I grabbed him by the back of the shirt collar, threw him down, grabbed a hose that by pure luck was right there running, set on his chest and fought his hands off his eyes and flooded his eyes with water...no permanent damage....very, very lucky... { have a healthy respect working around batteries...

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭

This can NOT possibly be true.....Electric vehicles are the future. 😜

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭

One of the old guys at work called me a communist because I bought a battery powered string trimmer.