In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

They sure work..

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

Pulled my back a couple days ago... Pain pills Dr. gave me ..lets say wow... no pain and I am off of them tomorrow. Wife has been driving me around.

Comments

• Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭

In the new Vett!!??

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭

Funny thing about those pills.......they quit working when you quit taking them 🥺☹️. Hopefully ur all healed up and won't notice it!

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,230 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on some now for an arm injury. 10/325

Thanks for reminding me, I need to go take another.

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭

tHAT CAR will give anyone a pain in the back..

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭

Best of luck I hope you recover and never have to take pain pills again

I hate taking pills but almost 9 years ago my back just gave up I put with it a couple years then gave in started taking low dose pain pills and still do 7 years later with out them I can't do much even with them I have learned my limits and still pay for mistakes when pushing too hard And frustration is a big part of my life now

I am sure I could get plenty of docs willing to cut an dice my back but I do not like the odds too mays family and friends came out in worse shape than before surgery. I may have to go that route but for now I just take pills and put up with the pain I have gotten use to

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭

So the doc kicked you off the meds so you'll be looking to score on the streets? Be careful out there.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******

I have had to take prescribed pain meds many times over my life. Yes! They do help to take the pain away but will also fool you into a false sense of wellness. If you continue to do the things that got you hurt in the first place, while under this false sense it will only make things worse!

Ask me how I know!!

Just one more thing. For me anyway, for every narcotic pain pill I have ever taken, I have gone a day without the need to sit down upon a toilet seat! 😲 Constipation SUCKS!!

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I pulled a muscle in my back taking a battery out of my boat. Walked like the hunchback of notre dame. Dr. said give it a few days on the meds and steroids and it would go away. He was right. I will keep the overage on the meds for future pain should I need them. And the Corvette.... taking it out today ,...