In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Timely Shipments

Boptop0Boptop0 Member Posts: 1

I have very general question. I've purchased two guns so far on Gunbroker. The first shipped the same day I paid for it. The second shipped 7 days after I paid for it. What should buyers expect?

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭

to receive the gun they buy....

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Unless it is specified in the auction, I'd think that shipping within 3-4 days would be acceptable, depending on the type of payment used. The only real way is to ask the seller before bidding.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

To get the gun they purchased.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

File this under: questions to ask the seller before bidding.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

That it depends...on the seller, the day of the week, their other auctions, holidays, shipper backlog, from/to locations, payment method, etc. The item description and buyer feedback are a good clue. You could also ask the seller before/during payment submission. I've never waited more than a couple days, but I select sellers partly on their record of timeliness.

Here's a paste from a GB help reply on 5/20/22: "GunBroker.com recommends the seller and buyer make contact within 4 days, buyer makes payment within 10 days from the time the listing ended, and the seller ships the item within 14 days from the time payment is received. Please, make sure to review the seller's listing and Terms of Sale for specifics regarding their transaction process."