In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Will a 9mm.......

mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

blow a lung clean out of your body?

uncle joe says it will.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited May 2022

Let's limit responses to doctors, pathologists, first responders, military medical personnel, emergency room staffers or those LEOs with first hand observations. NO GRAPHIC GUN SHOT PHOTOS are to be posted.

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭

Anything that goes clear through will bring out parts of what’s inside. I have been hearing this lately, don’t no who said what, to start it, but I can imagine. They want you to believe a 9mm is equal to a 20mm. Sad part is a lot of people believe it.

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭

Had to dispatch more then a few whitetails that had already been hit by a car. Unless you hit them in their pea sized brain, a 9mm barely phased them.

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭

Joe should stick to giving advice on firing double barreled shotguns out the window.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭

If a 9mm will blow a lung clear out, then a 10mm will cut a man in two.

• 1873man1873man Member Posts: 128 ✭✭

That what you get when you base your understanding of guns from movie special affects and not reality.

NRA Life Member
    Cody Firearms Member
    Winchester Arms Collectors Association Life member
    73_86cutaway.jpg
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"Unless you hit them in their pea sized brain, a 9mm barely phased them."

I used a 9mm with 124 grain GoldDot ammo to euthanize several vehicle struck deer. One bullet through the lungs put them down quickly and effectively.

In reality, not even a 257 Wby will 'blow a lung out' of a critter. Maybe bits and pieces but not the entire lung. Just a few years back the 9mm wasn't even considered a viable SD cartridge due to it's perceived inadequate terminal performance. These comments are meant to sway the perceptions of city phokes who have no knowledge of firearms and who'd likely wet their pants seeing one up close.