In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New To This...Gun Purchase Question

boloMK34boloMK34 Member Posts: 1

OK, please be kind. This is not only my first post but I'm new to this whole world of online purchases.

Some background is required prior to my question being asked.

• I am a resident of CA
  • I have a current CCW
  • My intention is to purchase a handgun and have it sent to a FFL that will receive it and do the necessary paperwork
  • I understand and acknowledge that CA has an "approved roster" of guns that I can purchase

Now for my question...can I purchase a gun on Gun Broker...have it shipped to a FFL and take delivery of it...even if that particular gun is NOT on the roster in CA?

Thank you in advance!

Scott Wallace

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

Simple answer - no. Bob

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

Welcome to Gun Broker.

The answer to your question is no.

So far as the roster in concerned your CCW is meaningless. Only FFL dealers who are also licensed in CA, and active duty LEOs with a signed purchase order on their department letter head are exempt from the restrictions of the roster.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******

What Bob said NO!

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭

Best to ask your state elected official. I am sure they will know. 😉

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭

As a fellow subject of California. Yes you can pay for the gun to the seller on Gunbroker. Take delivery of what you paid for from your FFL? No. Seen that happen before at the FFL.

You might luck out in finding one off Cal Guns and do a personal transfer at the FFL. The gun and the seller has to be in California. That reads bring alot of lube. I can imagine how much my HK USP 9mm would go for since I recently heard it dropped off the roster. What sells for about a grand in the rest of the country but off roster gun in California "one katrillion, billion dollars" (with my best Dr. Evil impersonation).