In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How many Trump Backed needs to warm the seats before Trump runs?

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭

It's smart to gauge how many loyalists gets in before throwing the hat in the ring.

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

The only good Trump can do now is to back Ron DeSantis for President in 2024.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭

Trump was the best president in recent memory. The best thing he can do is run and win again! The only complaints about him were personal attacks for petty reasons. Is he perfect...NO...no one is. Was his policies GREAT for the country as a whole...YES!

MAGA AGAIN! Trump 2024!

• Options
    mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭

Yes, if the media took off on Joe; his involvement in China and Ukraine and who else he's taking money from illegally, not to mention his family's business dealings, and the women that filed suit against him in the past, like they did on Trump, everyone would be singing a whole different tune.

But you go ahead and follow the headlines like all good sheeple, while others keep things in perspective and live in reality!

I guess I'm a Ultra Maga to the end!!

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

we can only hope the media will stop lying and covering for the old POS in office now ( very unlikly ) I am so hoping Elon does take over twitter ( I never used it ) but it would go a long way to open people's eyes

trump did so much just think if he had even a little support from the left what he could have done in place of 24/7 fighting off all the lies and court battles thrown at him and so many were proven false but yet no one went to jail go figure

yep 5.00 + gas prices and inflation killing us oil and gas shortages border issues WW III on the verge of happening

but bright side no nasty tweets and feeling hurt

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,667 ******

I voted for Donald twice, but I think DeSantis is the man for the job.

• Options
    edited June 2022

I will vote for Desantis IF Trump doesnt run. Trump has a PROVEN track record and all he has to do is run to get my vote! Between the 2.....its no contest Trump all the way.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭

My thoughts are Trump will not run and has zero intentions to do so. Consider where all the banter and speculation of another presidential run is coming from: Corrupt partisan media. The same partisan media that can never be trusted.

The same media that only sycophants believe and use Trump as a weapon to energize the DEMOCRAT base. Also consider how they use Trump as a diversionary tool to keep peoples attention away from Biden's failed economy and often place blame on Trump himself.

IMHO and could be wrong, If Trump was going to run, he would have already said so, he is NOT a politician.

DeSantis 2024!

• Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Desantis will get the same treatment as Trump if he wins.. but we have to wait and see how he handles the tens of millions of dollars that will be thrown at him for "favors"...

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

I voted for Trump because of the direction he wanted to take this country, and he did take us there. Would I vote for him again? Yes. Now that being said, my fear is that if DeSantis would get the nod to run for president, that Trump would want to run on a third party ticket. I remember when Ross Perot tried running on a third party ticket and it divided the Republican party, and we lost the election.

Reagan and Trump were both great presidents and showed us the direction to follow, I just hope who gets the nod will follow their lead.

• Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Trump was a colossal failure.

When I fix something, it stays fixed. Trump put a band aid on and gave you a dose of sugar for the temporary boost. Then you had the big sugar crash and couldn't fight off the corruption of the 2020 election. 

Hillary did not go to jail. Trump increased the national debt more than all president before combined. That is what is causing inflation too. Trump picked 3 losers for the Supremes, Gorsuch a proud democrat, Kavanaugh a "precedent" puppet with no original thoughts, and a woman. What the heck was he thinking? He wasn't, he took the word of the deep state players that got him elected to the "Show".

He had a chance to get funding for the wall, he caved in on the budget, not what I wanted to see in a leader.

Then he has the bad judgement to endorse Kari Lake, Martha McSally, Doug Ducey and the likes of rinos around the country. What a buffoon. In the dictionary under "Buffoon" is a picture of Trump. Ron DeSantis needs to keep clear of that train wreck, I think he knows it too. 

Get rid of the 2 party system, it is not enumerated in the Constitution of the United States of America. 

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭

MrMag00 - Like you I was expecting more of a loose cannon in a white squall. Had he got the ball rolling for jailing hillary he may have had a second term. Or had he just kept not playing well with others, he may have not have looked like just another politician.

Now with folks seeing the mess of the Southern border they wish the wall was up.

I suppose going in as a "lame duck" he could be off the rails. I would love to watch the debate with current mental loss biden VS. Trump. Also Trump looks old now with color loss in his hair. Needs more Cheetos in his diet. Like I mentioned before the next president will be the one who gets the XL finished.

• Options

@MrMag00 i wonder how you would describe the current POTUS. One man can only do so much! He had the ENTIRE system fighting him for every inch he took! And one of his faults, according to you, is that he picked a woman for SCOTUS. Wow. LMAO, not putting a lot of stock in you opinions after that. SMDH.

IF Trump had the support that Biden has, then he would be in his 2nd term and this country would be in GREAT shape.

What we have now is a "collosal failure" for sure. But hey, no more mean tweets.....just a POTUS that cusses at people on live TV.

• Options

picture is worth 

His stripes never changed. 

Some may not have liked his tweets, but it was his leadership that was lacking. This wasn't some hollywood reality show, this was reality and he failed miserably. The old saying, "The buck stops here" applies to him too. The topic is about Trump, not Biden. 

I only voted for him the first time, but I didn't vote for him per se, I voted against Hillary, and you know the reason why don't you?  Because she is a bad person, OH and Dufas Trump promised me she would be in jail, and that didn't happen. Yet he cries and whines like a little spoiled brat because "everybody was out to get him". He didn't fire the people he should have fired, and they hung him. So why the blame shifting?

If you can't see this was all a Hollywood theatrical performance, there is no hope to ever electing a good president. The 2 party system my be dissolved. 

• Options

Wow, he even took pictures with women in em. How absurd! LMAO. If he didnt do anything good for this country in your eyes, then no president will ever reach your expectations. He couldnt lock her up on his own, he pushed it with all he had. He pushed the border wall like never before and he put America first.

And this SHOULD be about the abject failures of Biden and his admin. By you not giving your review of Biden, one can only assume that you approve of the $@#t show he has single handily created.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

I really hope he doesn't run again. His results for the most part were pretty good and look even better when compared to Biden, but he is to polarizing. One way to fire up the dem voters and reignite the anybody but Trump folks would be for him to run again. I think there are other viable options like DeSantis, Abbott, Noem, Scott or even Cruz that would do just as good a job and be more electable.

Regardless, the next two years are going to be interesting now that social media and the ratings craving so called news people have turned politics into a reality show. Bob

• Options
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone other than a DEMOCRAT will get the same treatment. Medias is corrupt, filthy, partisan, & bias.

• Options

What would be so wrong about following the Constitution? The two party system sanctioned by the federal government is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. It is not written, thus the power was never theirs. 

That does not make me a commy or commy sympathizer, and for you to insinuate as such just shows your true colors. 

Ya see, the government now runs the politics.  That is FORBIDDEN  in the constitution. State run media, "state" run religion of "non religion", "state" run militia.

And when I say "state" I am talking about government as an entity, which removes the power from we the people. 

• Options

When you ASSume guess what?  He most certainly could have locked Hillary up if he wanted to. He did not have the willpower to buck the Clinton Death Machine. It was easier to stay in grace and reap the rewards. He was chicken to fire his crony buddy Sessions. He did not fire anybody in the DOJ, and we regular people saw that as a problem. Was he too stupid to see it or was he playing along? 

I'm not talking about Biden, he and his family should be arrested and tried for treason. That is a whole topic on its own. 

He did not push the border in earnest, just a dog and pony show for the right wing lunatics. He had the opportunity to get the funding by not signing the spending bill. But he caved. The people were on his side an would gladly put up with a government shutdown until the wall was built or approved in the proper channels so O'biden and gang couldn't undo it. 

One of the first signs of Trumps buffoonery  was with the O'bama birth certificate. No follow through. He was presented a fake birth certificate and signed off on O'bama. This pacified the right wing and subdued them enough to not take action. He single handedly destroyed the constitutional principles of president of the USA. That lies squarely on him. 

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

I agree, at least in part. While I think it is a bit of a stretch that our political system is unconstitutional, it has turned into a problem. When the biggest employer, by far, is the government there are to many people with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. Also when a political power tries to remain in control by bribing the voters, like both parties do, it is a problem. We were warned from the very beginning about this happening;

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of public liberty.”

That is a quote from George Washington and seems very prophetic.

Both parties, the dems especially, are guilty of what Washington warned us about. The era of political compromise is almost extinct, so we have to vote for the lesser of two evils every election. Bob

• Options

You might want to brush up on the powers of the POTUS. I know in commy land the POTUS can do whatever he pleases. BUT in America the pres cannot fire the FBI or lock up a citizen! Trump had a lot of the wall paid for and installed a lot. There are millions worth of finished panels laying and rusting because he was cheated in 2020 and Biden ahut down the instal.

Not sure where your logic is coming from, but it is NOT the constitution nor the laws of America! No POTUS has the power(legally) to do what you say Trump should have done!

• Options

What keeps us from being a banana republic is, we don’t execute or get rid of those that opposed us after an election.

You know what the root difference is between Trump and Biden. Trump was a business man and knew how thing worked in the real world, Biden is a politician and doesn’t have a clue. A good business man will have the best he can find to help run a business and keep it profitable. A politician strives to be the most well liked and now a days the most diverse understanding person and will put people in position that aren’t qualified because of their race, or their sexual preference.

• Options
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,359 ******
    edited June 2022

I'm enjoying this discourse, and don't want to stop it which is why I've been on the sidelines until now. Let's all remember to state our facts and/or opinions without any personal attacks against other members. If you can't do that then refrain from posting and don't single out a particular member even if you feel they are pushing the limits of your own beliefs, me or one of the other staff will try to give warnings when required but attacking a specific member or stating something as facts simply because of a personal bias against a persons gender may be your belief, but will not be tolerated as fact. I hope this is clear as the alternative will be liked even less I imagine.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

Trump is doing a great service to whoever the 2024 Republican candidate will be by drawing all the democrat / media flack toward himself, making it easier for whoever the eventual candidate is.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

We need a Third party so we can get the best 2 out of the three. It's obvious the two party system is responsible for the mess we are in.

serf

• Options

IDIOTS and GREEDY people are responsible for the mess we are in!

• Options
    edited June 2022

A third party has never worked and only takes away from the party.

You either vote for good or for evil, there is no in between.

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭

Look at our last three Democrat presidents,Clinton,Obama and Biden.Every one was worse than the last.

• Options

Yep, but people still vote for em! SMH

• Options

Right, voting for the dem or rep strangle hold vs "Good", like Jo Jorgenson was your choice. You vote for the machine and this is what you get.

It's called false choices. Why didn't Trump debate Jorgenson? Why are all the good candidates getting shut out of the debates and big 2 funding?

• Options

Jo Jorgensen is a Libertarian. Being a Libertarian may sound good to a point, but it rides more in the pocket of Anarchy, were a Republic allows for law and protects a persons rights and liberty through law rather than mob rule.

We are a Republic not a pure Democracy. Laws protect us, majority’s exercise their belief through the few that hold power.