In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tire Tread

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen this pattern on a bicycle tire, but never on a car tire.

Joan Leslie c. 1940' something:

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭✭

In the mid 70's I needed a set of tires and dad found some Mansfield tires on sale that had that same square pattern. On dry pavement they were great. Rain or any amount of snow and they acted just like racing slicks and were awful. I put up with them for a year even though they scared the living daylights out of me driving to school and back in our Michigan winter. The next fall, mysteriously, a couple of them developed unpatchable holes in the sidewalls and I took my own hard earned money and replaced all 4 with a new set of Firestones. It was hard to make those holes look accidental and I probably didn't fool the old man but one winter was enough for me! Bob

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭

I like that cross hatch pattern the tires not so much lol

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭

I miss full service gas stations