In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nightmare transfer dealer....making things difficult for a buyer

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭

A sweet old man won a lever gun. He has been very kind and courteous throughout the transaction. The dealer he chose sent a snarky email asking WHY we couldn't use the license from the website. The customer doesn't know how to do this and didn't "choose" him so we couldn't download it. I just replied that we didn't have a copy of the license.....he kept up with the crappy messages saying "you don't know how to work Gun Broker" ....so I just sent a screenshot showing we do not have it. He then sent an email saying we needed to find another dealer or pay $50 "when we mess things up"....this is when I called the sweet buyer of the item and told him we were NOT sending anything to this guy.

He went on and on about how his guy was great and he had everything sent there and the other dealers in his area tried to charge lots of money for transfers. I told him it was so rare that we see nonsense of this kind from a transfer dealer and that I was NOT comfortable sending anything to them. If he insisted I would not be responsible for any craziness that happened. Then, I pointed out that there were more than 20 other listed dealers in his area and I could help him find one. I gave him the phone number of one that has $10 transfers listed on Gun Broker's find an FFL. I also emailed over the extensive list to him so he can see just what is available.

So, this guy's attitude just might have one of his long time customers checking out another dealer. Karma

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments