In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sad day in WA State

ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

Local gun shop here in Yakima is calling it quits. Been in business over 10 years. Bought guns and ammo from him. Said it wasn’t due to lack of business but to increased bs regulations. And of course we have a mag capacity restriction coming at the end of the week. He was liquidating everything. I bought some Ruger 10/22 BX25 & BX50 mags, ammo and a spare mag for my Shield. So long Lotsa Guns, you were a great shop.

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭

So sorry to hear this.....I see the end of the small dealer is the beginning of the end of our rights. No big box store will fight to keep things coming customer's way. Its like watching a slow death happen as these stores call it quits.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options

Yes it is. He’s sold most of the guns so whatever ammo and accessories he doesn’t sell he said he will keep and or sell online out of State.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******

Sorry to see. It's in no small part that WA has gone to hell politically that I am out. I move next month.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited June 2022

Always said when a LGS decides to call it quits and close. Even on the occasions when a buyer is found who will take over the existing business, it will never be the "same old shop."

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Sorry to here and it is already done the job in Illinois. NOW FFL's have to have a STATE FFL at considerable cost along with the federal FFL. PLUS many "crime stopping restrictions," . They have to have everything under lock, security cameras, log EVERYTHING about the person buying and why said person is buying into a computer base tied directly to the state, now the state knows EVERY kind of firearm you have. No ammo within arms length, scattered literature about laws and such. Around 50-60 percent threw in the towel. So yea, Illinois is the midwest answer to sewer laws and crime stoppers when in essence all they want is what you have and will soon come and try to take it when the next crime stopper laws hit the books.

• Options

We retire in about 8 years. I honestly have all the guns I really need. Heck I have barely been able to shoot anything the last few years because of the shortages. When we retire we’re selling the house and going to rv it and probably won’t spend much time here after that. It’s really sad what’s happened to this State.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭

It's almost as if Oregon and Washington had a contest to see who could out-California Kalifornia. Unfortunately it's the citizens that lost.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

With the economy in the trash can folks will still buy firearms

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭

Lots of filks will sell em too. IMHO that would be a BAD idea. But, it will happen.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******

Sorry to hear this.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭

I heard something about in July Washington State will revert back to 10 round magazines. I think I was half listening to Copper Jacket (formally known as daily Shooter). Really glad I didn't waste a move north.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Sad news, indeed.

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know

for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭

The closing of stores is not only happening for gun stores but for all small businesses. In our area there have a least a dozen small businesses that have closed this year. Some of the small business were in business for over 100 years.

I expect in the next 5-10 years all you are going to have are online stores or the the large retailers.

The cost of regulations and labor for all small businesses is putting them out of business. That and the fact that no family members want to work the kind of hours you have to work owning a small business.

• Options

Yep we got a mag ban. Although it’s not enforceable. You can keep and use anything you had. And there’s no way they could stop you from driving to Idaho or Oregon and bringing back mags. Sadly this State has become exactly like CA. In CA Los Angeles and the Bay Area liberals completely outnumbered the conservatives and rule Sacramento. Here in Washington we basically have 3 super liberal counties King, Pierce and Snohomish that outnumber everyone else. The liberals control 100% of the Government in Washington. And our Attorney General has made it his mission in life to get the legislature to do his bidding on gun control. Couple that with the Millions that Bloomberg spent here in the last few years we lost big. We do have lawsuits going through and with this latest Supreme Court decision we’re hopeful more can get done. Folks in other States need to be very cautious of Bloomberg. Washington State was a testing ground for him to see what he could push through.

• Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

As soon as firearms are outlawed they will be imported from Mexico. Soooooo we will either still get firearms or the border wall will finally get built. (green font)