In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

After watching Viking movies with mead I thought about seeing more of the country

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭

About last Christmas I got a Total Wines And more where I found Oliver Camelot Mead (smooth) before that I usually drank Chaucer's Mead (the local stuff that's kind a acidic) also because didn't have much of a choice. So bought a case incase there was a supply issues or save the fuel going there. Then got the movies. "The 13th Warrior", "Outlander", "Pathfinder", "Valhalla Rising" and a few others I can't remember. Got deep in the mead.

While watching them it made me remember of a one I don't have. Bunch of white guys drinking throwing axes at a woman on a wooden shield held there by her hair. Anyone know what the title of that was? Also I don't know if it's the same movie but couple of guys are tied to a staked near a beach or the dock waiting for the tide to roll in to drown them. I think there was a priest praying for them. Know that name, too?

So anyways I got to thinking about going to Reno for the beginning of the trip, then the Salt Flats in honor of Burt Munro. Then Moab, route 666 just because (did they re-name it?), The Four Corners, Monument Valley, The Grand Canyon and Vegas because I never been. Then through Mojave since I've seen Yosemite and drove through Joshua Tree. So basically doing a giant Western Donut. I see they did rename 666 to US 491 and it's kind a out of my way just to see it. And I may not go to Roswell since that will make it a huge loop.

Since I know have a mini van I can Hippie it. I found my old road atlas from 2002 to study the route. If I do go I'm thinking late fall November or spring next year. Most likely next year?

Comments