In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bears and Buffalo # 3 score again.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

I saw that. Did you see the man run away and leave the kid.

I bet there are 10,000 signs telling people to stay away from the animals. Maybe if they sent text messages out every 10 seconds people would pay attention.

The news said the Bear attack was so fast the guy couldn't deploy his bear spray. It probably snuck up behind him.

What about that missing young man Dylan Rounds in Utah? That is a weird story.

RLTW

• Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, whoever was by the kid, sold him out in a hurry, but luckily the other person was a sheep dog and took the hit and maybe saved the youngster from injury.

This young man is actually a friend of mine’s nephew, it is a very strange circumstance.

I’ve not been down where the farm and disappearance took place, but a guy I know in the Idaho Dept of Corrections that has spent considerable time in the area and he says it’s like the movie “The Hills have eyes”. Lots of strange folks avoiding the law or society living off the grid in shacks, tents and holes, and of course the ever present tweakers and meth cookers. He said the locals that farm and ranch the area go armed to the teeth when they leave the house.

No telling where they disposed of him or why. Very sad situation for the family.

Mule

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

I like the way you think, Sam!

• Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

he and my grandson were classmates also and Riley says he’s a really good hardworking kid.

+1 on the idea with libs vs tatonka.

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

That Buffalo needs to be turned loose in the white house to do some draining of the swamp.

I suspect that buffalo does not like Democrats. (democrats do stupid things)

• Options
    bitlockerbitlocker Member Posts: 299 ✭✭

Buffalo is no respecter of board walks

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a bit of teasing was going on with the buff.

Mess with the bull, get the horns.

Sure don't look like goring to me, just a good head butt.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

You have to be almost terminally stupid to goad an animal that weighs almost five times what you do and can run twice as fast.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

5 times at a minimum for a mature bull and capable of up to 35 MPH. Yep, 'terminally stupid' is a perfect way to describe it, Rocky.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭

I originally wrote "ten times" but then remembered what some of those tourons look like.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

The Bears and Buffalo's get 2 more!

A guy from Buffalo NY got attacked by a bear. He activated his "personal locator" and was rescued.

A 71 y/o woman was gored as she was going back to her vehicle. She is OK.

Its amazing to me this happens to so many people. I have spent a lot of time in the great outdoors in just about every continent in the world. I have a few close calls with snakes, elephants and buffalo in Africa. A cassowary in Australia along with snakes, frogs, gators and spiders too. Snakes in Panama. I thought I was going to get attacked by a bear in ID once when turkey hunting. Boat loads of nutcase muslims with guns. But it seems to me YNP is one of the most dangerous places around😃

RLTW