In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sonny Barger

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

The Former President of the Hells Angles and founding member is dead. He lived to be 83, that is quite an accomplishment considering his lifestyle.

RLTW

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭

In high school I read that book about Sonny and the Angels, by Hunter S. Thompson. The Hells Angels were some violent, nasty men.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but so was Hunter Thompson.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,651 ******

I read that one, also. They let him hang out with them for a while, then beat the crap out of him.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Knowing Hunter he probably deserved a beat down.

When I was a kid I lived outside of LA from about 66-73 and I remember seeing the HA all over the place. I remember riding with my Dad to San Fran on the freeway and them passing cars in over a mile long group.

They were some scruffy looking guys.

RLTW

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,350 ******

Back then there sure were a lot of "Wana-Bee's" all over the country. I remember a gang of Bikers that invaded our campground that called themselves "The Intruders". Late 60's and as a fairly young lad just coming into puberty, I remember the biker chicks like it was yesterday! 😁

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭

He made it a lot longer than I would have guessed a legend no matter why

As a young fellow we had a local bike club well more than one club but one was more well known . I was around them some at local bars and ran into them at some parties .lot of stories as could be expected they were always ell I guess could call friendly with me but they were also well known around town as bad %%$#