In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Barrett-Jackson or Mecum?

grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭✭

Which do you like to watch? I like B-J better because they seldom have a reserve auction. Mecum has the "bid goes on", so you never find out what a car sold for. 110% of them are outside of my reach anyway, but I enjoy the show.

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭

I watch a little of each I like seeing the cars and how nice they are and have heard the first few days of the auction the average people even have a shot at a buying a nice "driver car " that's nice and sell for less than what the body and panit work would cost if you had it done thaet was some years ago and may have changed ?

as for the big money cars its just a show off moment most all the top bidders it comes down to not the funds more of a game to buy the car(s) but mostly there mood that day how much they like it . my guess none of them are going to loose any sleep if 100k or even 3 million + they would not be there to show off what thay buy f it was it making them tighten there belt

flip side joe average while watching the auction sees a super nice clean all original ..... fill in the blank car sell for 100k + then thinks well mine must be worth that much when I sell it 😁

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭

My favorite is the Mecum tractor auctions.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of difference in both auctions. Barrett only puts a reserve on automobiles of 500k or more if the seller requests it. Barrett has more of a following with the high roller money folks. All of their automobiles regardless of day are screened by Barrett before they can be sold. They want no cheap junk going across their block regardless the day. Mecum is more of a working mans car auction. Reserves can be put on the sellers car and they negotiate on the block to try and sell. I know the man who sets up all the TV production for Mecum. He has been to our home and photographed our cars. Never sold at either auction but might sell two automobiles this coming yr at the Scottsdale Barrett sale

• Options

Barrett / Jackson Vegas 3.00 Eastern today

• Options
    arraflipperarraflipper Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

I met Craig Jackson last year on one of their car cruises, very nice man. Has some mighty fine looking vehicles of his own!

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭

I will watch both. Meechum will be here in Central FL in a week. Its fun to there and really see everything.

• Options

On again today..3 this afternoon

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭

BJ, Mecum has to many auctions that don't sell a waste of time for me. In fact there's a BJ auction recording on m DVR as I type this.