In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

garage sale find

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭

I had to go in today for a CT scan on the way back home stopped at a garage sale they use to have great ones as the old fellow and his wife were auctioneers and brought boxes and boxes of stuff home but they passed on some years ago . RIP

any way some of the family still have sales at the house I seen a box of 30 rnd ar mags just basic military grade aluminum mags all were older the one fellow said there is no "colt" mags in the box if your looking ? he said a couple fellows have searched most were "OK " brand or not marked but all were mill spec 8.00 each I picked out 4 one was a colt 😁 they had maybe 25 or 30 of them . the fellow said they belonged to a buddy who ask him to sell for him ( there was three or four older ladies and him over seeing the place )

I gave them 7.00 each I sure did not need them . but since I stopped I felt like I had to buy something so four of the mags came home . they will get a fast cleaning and get put away with the other couple I have 🙄

Comments

• Options
    CaneyRiverDogCaneyRiverDog Member Posts: 145 ✭✭

why are the colt seen as a higher value or more sought after?

• Options

Just the name colt for some reason people just pY more to see that branding

On mil spec mags I don't thing it matters

Early on before all the plastic wonders now taken over AR mags

I would up grade the followers in all of the mags I would buy to a non tilt version in the aluminum magazines

Buti also think of the countless issued an produced ones that worked just fine

Not sure but to me it was like they were made as throw away items from the start I doubt if original they costotd than a coupe dollars to produce

• Options
    CaneyRiverDogCaneyRiverDog Member Posts: 145 ✭✭

I had a friend that was ordered to trash all their magazines they had at the armory cause they had new ones coming (good old government wastefulness). It broke his heart but after putting them out back in the dumpster he called me and told me where to find them after hours. I bet there were 3-400 magazines!! some had colt bottom plates some had the OKay plate but other than that looked all the same. I didn't see any other difference in them. They're mostly still in a locker in my basement, minus as many as I could sale during OBUMERS scare, when I got $30+ each for them.

I personally only use PMAGs cause I never liked the janky sound the milspec ones made....

• Options

Wow what a buddy to pass along the trash tip .

I remember when 50to 80 dollars was not uncommon for one even more sometimes . Same with factory ruger mini 14 mags 20 and 30 red mags over a hundred dollars was common

I sold off all but a coupe mags during that time . I have stocked again on plastic and metal mags places were running specials on pmags for 10 dollars or so and surplus and copy aluminum mags for about the same

I am not even sure of current market prices it's been several years since I even checked I bought these on impulse

If I had more money with me I would have made a offer on all of them I would guess 20 maybe more he had