In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A deer pic or two and a concern

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭✭

We finally got some rain last night after 5 weeks with none. We got about two inches but it still wasn't enough to close the cracks in the ground. Persimmon trees are dropping unripe fruit, possibly to save the trees. I'm not seeing any acorns on the oaks. Pasture grass is dead or dying. Blackberries are tiny and if they do ripen they will be very small. Corn and bean crops are sparse as far as the amount of kernels per cob and bean per plant. Winter is going to be rough on the wildlife.

There are does with babies hanging out in the woods around here, one with twins. Pics show them looking haggard. I'm heading out today to supplement their forage. I have kept mineral, salt and protein blocks out for them. I'm hoping this little bit of rain will slow the early drop of persimmons and encourage the blackberries to mature with more substance. Hayfield should sprout some green if the excessive heat doesn't cook it.

On another note, I'm anxiously waiting to see what this guy will look like out of velvet. He's a 10-pointer which you can't tell from this angle. (Ignore the date stamp). Camera needs a reset.

Here's another ten hanging out. Got a bumper crop of bucks this year.

Comments