In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I am going to run for President of the United States of America

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

I hope I win.

1) the DCM will have its budget increased by 1,000%. All civilian Citizens from age 13 and above can participate in training in gun safety and marksmanship. The guns used will be of match quality and ammo will be supplied free of charge. After training and passing the Marksman Badge requirements each Citizen will be given an M4 with ten full magazines.

2) The department of Energy and Education will be abolished.

3) The 1938 GCA will be repealed, BATFE will be abolished.

4) All trained US citizens will be able to practice markmanship, free of charge at any nearby base or range.

5) The borders, both south and north will be sealed, monitored and enforced to keep illegals out of our nation.

6) All illegals will be captured and deported. Dreamers can apply for fast tracked Citizenship if they are free of criminal backgrounds and speak English as a first language.

7) the Federal 12% tax on guns and ammo will be repealed.

8) The powers of the IRS will be greatly curtailed. Frivolous federal taxes like Obama Phone taxes and about 100 others will be repealed. There will be a flat rate of 10% on income, including investment income withdrawn. All medical for Citizens past the age of 65 will be covered, they earned it. No money will be spent on illegals except for stabilizing care before deportation. No more anchor babies will be allowed, if you hatch a kid while here illegally, we will deport you both and are banned from returning.

9) All laws will apply to the elected as well as the Citizens.

10) Term limits will be passed. three terms for Congresscritters and two terms for Senators.

11) the 17 Amendment will be repealed.

12) Federal control over student loans will be eliminated as will grants to Colleges and Universities. All funding for research of any kind will remain in the USA and not given to foreign nations.

13) We will not fight wars unless congress declares so; no more police actions, no more 20 year wars. We fight to destroy the enemies ability to wage war and bring our troops home, or not at all.

14) The act of selling our secrets to a foreign nation will result in the death penalty. January 6th people will be paid the sum of one million dollars for being locked up with out a speedy trial or legal representation. The DOJ will be given a major enema and house cleaned from top to bottom.

15) Federal laws that usurp States Rights will be abolished. If California wants only electric cars and electrical power generated by fairy dust and moon beams, fine just don't ask other Americans to pay for it.

16) Nuclear power plants will be built by the dozen across the nation. Oil drilling and fracking will assure 100% energy independence at the worlds lowest prices.

I am happy to modify my plank or add to it as you see fit. Winning the election is what counts.

My first day in office will be spent at a nearby military range with many friends, shooting everything from the M4 and all machine guns to blasting targets with the M1A Abrams tanks, you are all invited.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,722 ******

Will they let you fly Air Force 1?

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited July 2022

11) the 17 Amendment will be repealed.

What is your beef with citizens voting for their US Senators? and what is the alternative?

Prior to the17th Amendment, state legislatures selected end elected their US Senators. If the state legislatures couldn't come to terms (which did happen), it meant that state's US Senate seat(s) remained vacant until parties in the state House agreed on a Senator. This lead to backroom dealer between the parties, and was one of several reasons for the 17th Amendment.

• Options

Simple actually. If the State Reps do not do their jobs then the State voters can fire them. The Senate is supposed to be the deliberative body serving longer terms to temper the rambunctious Congresscritters doing populist acts that may not serve the States or the Constitution. Having the Senators beholding to fickle voters that can't tell you when the Nation was founded, who we fought in WWII or who their senators actually are gets us what we have today. A two party mess that only serves itself. States Rights that the Senators were supposed to protect was removed by the 17th. They are now simply super congresscritters serving themselves and pandering to the ignorant fickle voters. The States interests are long forgotten by the senators that were designed by our constitution to protect.

• Options

You bet I will, and youins are all invited. Free booze, coffee and food as we fly from base to base having a ball shooting all the fun stuff.

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

Your arguments are valid, but since it requires a new amendment to repeal an existing one, you'll have your work cut out for you...Mr. President.

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭✭

Im all for it.....but you might wanna ask pres Trump for some pointers. He had great ideas too, and was crushed by the swamp creatures, media, and every other idiot with a mouthpiece.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭

if you just weren't a buckeye Bruce............

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

Well, said. IMO, it took power from the state and made essentially two more representatives of the people for each state. I think there were better ways to end the corruption, like locking up and/or making dead the perpetrators but hey I think criminals should be punished rather than writing new laws for them to skirt.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭

10) Term limits will be passed. three terms for Congresscritters and two terms for Senators.

As long as this is retroactive. Any one who has served these terms already will be kick out IMMEDIATELY.

And they are not allowed to run for any other public office....EVER.

Then you have my vote.,

I know, there will be some good go, but there is SO MUCH BAD that should be gone.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,640 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

just follow the dems seems to work

few tips to help out

start with

free food

free housing

free medical coverage

free money each month

no jail time

no bonds

you have to seal 10k worth of goods to be considered for house arrest thats a one day total tomorrow it start over fresh

burn down city blocks loot , kill , assault steal cars take over federal and state buildings and property , what you say , well its all ok as long as your doing it for a good cause such as protesting the republicans or reparations

free drugs needles and a safe space to do it it .

new apartments since you trashed the other ones

say you dont like to work, no problem I am sure the company your leaving is raciest or homophobic or not up to date on the 107 gender types and has hurt your feelings by asking you to show up or actualy work OMG the humanity in such a request just stay home we will send you check and social worker for your case to help sue the company for ther short comings and to treat your ptsd

all your extended familys and immigrant future voters are welcome dont worry about passports or visas or the BS paper work we have layweres standing by to guide you and sign them up to vote

thats a good start

oh lining your pockets with insider trading markets and having all your family serving on countless boards for company's looking for contracts and on pay roll for advisors and campaign fund raisers oh dont forget your Chairty funding drive for save the what ever kids dogs poor homeless and you get 80% for overseeing the program

well now I have made my self mad I will try and get to bed now LOL

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,431 ******

Just add no more property taxes for senior citizens. We already paid for our kids' education.

Then, you have my vote Bruce!

• Options

Every last one of you are appointed to my Cabinet. Pick you positions and we will make it happen. If you want the jobs Don McManus can be my Communication Director, Brookwood, you can be head of a much smaller IRS, Mark Christian can head the FBI, if it still exists. I need folks for head of NASA, the EPA and military folks for the Joint Chiefs. I think SERF would make a fine head of the NSA or CIA.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭

You would get my vote, I would not want a leadership position with the ATF, Dept of Energy or Education because I would abolish them. As far as the DOJ, I would flush the toilet and rid them of the partisan hacks.

• Options

I'll take the ATF position, if I get to sample the different beers to make sure they pass gov't inspection............

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,722 ******
    edited July 2022

President Post, will you stop the practice of adding corn squeezings to gasoline?

• Options
    NontypicalNontypical Member Posts: 27 ✭✭

I'll volunteer to head up the EPA. Keystone pipeline will be opened up in a couple of weeks and drilling will commence immediately on offshore leases. Electric cars and windmills will become a bad memory.

• Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

You do know that the Democrats are going to be digging for dirt on you and telling lies about your past. I'm assuming you will be running on the republician ticket BUT the way things are going now days You might even win as a democrat with those promises. The Democrats including Bernie right now just want Brandon out and some fresh meat with brains.

But Putin and the Prince will be campaigning for Brandon.

might keep this one in mind. (food for thought)

It does not matter what others think about you (as a politician) as long as you like yourself is all that matters.

and another one for thought before throwing your name in the hat:

If you were someone else, Would you have yourself as a friend? (if you are a politician)

AND

Only some of them lies they tell about you will be true.

• Options

That will be done on day two. We will all be worn out from shooting so many toys on the first day that we will need our rest. Turning food into fuel is a fools folly. I will stop the federal revenue collected on drinking whiskey too! To limit Government you start with limiting their money. I would force a balanced budget with a ten yer plan to repay all the debt we now have.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭

Originally this was done because average person could not read or write. We are close to that point again with most D voters

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck with that.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

So, two years after you're out of office some schmuck is going to screw with the debt again and we're back to where we were in 2000.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

My vote if at 5 pm every day it is happy hour.... shooting off the ammo...

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,640 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Best of luck of you

I have always know a lot more people would make a great president but they are happy justmakingmoney and running there own company's

Like a Nascar driver said In a interview i do not remember which one sorry , he said there are people a lot better driver than I could hope to be out there driving maybe a delivery truck ,for a living

They will just never get a chance or opertituinty to do get into the sport

That was well spoken and same goes for a lot of elected officials more a money game any more

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭

A little campaign advice-

Of the first 26 Presidents of the US, 22 of them had NO middle name. Like George NMN Washington, and Thomas NMN Jefferson.

Si if'n you want to be President- lose the middle name.

• Options

My initials are BAP, I will keep the middle name because I am going to BAP this nation back to a Limited Federal Government following the Constitution and returning the power to the States and We The People. If CA, Il, CT MA, NY, OR, and WA don't like it they are free to leave, with a hefty bill for the Federal infrastructure other States paid for.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

Sir............did you actually learn grammar when you went to school?

There is also this incredible thing called spell-check.

• Options

there is also a thing called manners!!!! do you really have to call a person out for a few mispelled words or misplaced punctuation marks, I can understand what he said/meant, I feel sorry for you if you can't.......

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,431 ******

Another very important aspect to a successful Presidential run is your choice for Vice President.

Soooo! Who are you going to pick Bruce? 😁