In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looks like the door to door is starting

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

Best be on your guard folks. I know a lot of you here buy multiple guns at a time or even over the course of a few months. This is disturbing on so many levels. I guarantee if this keeps happening there's going to be some stacking going on. This is the red line for many in the 2A community.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭✭

Disturbing for sure. I don't know the laws in Delaware but the only multiple purchase report I was aware of was for handguns. That is a required report that must be submitted by the FFL. It has been 10+ years since I had to deal with that and perhaps our current FFL members can shed some light on any changes since then. I hope there was more to the story than the video showed, like some actual evidence or suspicion of straw purchasing. Where the guy lived has no bearing on who is or might be a straw purchaser. I know that from experience gained while I was selling guns. Bob

• Options
    Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

....The gun owner appeared to roll over...and he was really polite about it...these guys are just people, no need to be nice when they are out of line...these guys are disrespecting LEO's that do their job correctly, disrespecting the gun owner, in turn, they deserve no respect...NO warrant...NO compliance, go pound sand...I had the ATF check my bound book one time and it was no big deal, ATF agent was polite, I was polite...

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,639 ✭✭✭✭

What Alpine said

Same advice all the gun pod casters are suggesting as they show the clip

If they had a warrant or reason they would not ask

There fishing hoping you say or do something to intrap you

S

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

On my... the sky is falling.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

Screw those guys...................that is why I buy local and private.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭

The agents are acting under orders from above. The ATF as well as the DOJ fall under the executive branch and we know who controls the DOJ.

It would be interesting to know what kind of gun he purchased.

One other note: If you have a C&R FFL, you are subject to the same audits as 01 and other FFLs

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with the guy when he wondered how many visits these BATF guys made to the areas where there actually is a lot of 'gun violence'. Look at the gang shootout videos on YouTube and it is easy to see who and where the problem is. Get the guys who are carrying and using guns illegally first; they are doing damage every day.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,970 ✭✭✭✭

Surf, Is that you?

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

Federal law prohibits the establishment of a gun register by the federal government. It doesn't prohibit states/localities from establishing their own gun registry. Maryland maintains a registry of certain guns, including so-called "assault weapons"; many previously purchased don't have to be registered, they are "grand fathered" in.

In 2002, there was an incident involving the "DC beltway sniper", who shot random individuals for several months, until he was caught. Early in his crime spree, police figured out that the gun used was an AR-15. Since AR-15 registration had been implemented several years prior to this, Maryland State Police printed a list & troopers went door to door, asking to see the rifle. If the owner refused, or said he no longer had the rifle, they had been instructed to just walk away. Same thing if the owner actually showed them the rifle, as the police had no way to run ballistics on a fired round. At least, the governor was able to say, "well, we had to do something". The actual murder weapon turned out to have been stolen from a gun shop in Oregon.

Neal

"Arrest now, litigate later." ---- ATFE motto

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Only if you wish to stop gun violence.I doubt they wish this for every event of a mass shooting gets more press and more actions by Rhino's Like John Cornyn that brings in new legislation like that bans privates sales without registering it with A FFL dealer on ANY and ALL Firearms sales. That is used and new guns both so that can criss=cross records later.

Thus if you don't have a police report and your guns ends up in Chicago at a crime scene guess who is going to get a visit for gun running. So the gun inspection routine Of The BATF knocking on doors trains The BATF at the same times gets gun owners worried about private sales to errr non compliant strange individuals.

I suspect after the next mass murder event then it will be required all guns must be viewed and recorded in everyone's possession to legally own them in the future.That is the next logical step to close the circle.Don't tell me that violates the second amendment. It does not and a gun registration has been presto created!

Just like your enhanced State Drivers license is not a Federal I.D. yet but soon it will be required to step into any federal facility,just watch and not just for flying on planes.

My mom always told me there is more than one way to skin a cat! She was right!

serf

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

As ChiefR said, if you hold a C&R FFL, the ATF CAN audit you- once a year- AND you have the option of taking your records to their office.

This aggravates me since they picked off a fine young person here that had been buying and running handguns up to NYC- more than 50. They gave him 6 months of probation.

If I am not a licensee, if you have no warrant, I will suggest that you get off my lawn, go to downtown Baltimore and check some of those. Have a good day, close the gate behind you.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,970 ✭✭✭✭

Surf, Is that you? It would at least be a change from the twice a week solar sellers. The sign on our door says no solicitors. So far none of them know what that means.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Be happy it's not The BATF with inquires. Down here they selling whole house water filters systems.

serf

• Options
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭

We gots no guns..... Didn't you see the empty boat trailer out back

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭

I just wonder if he didn't show something that he would be targeted by the must I say NON professionals that I saw in that clip. Wasn't impressed at all by the presentation and demeanor of the so called ATF and police officer.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭

My problem is that no one, specially the state trooper, is in uniform. Not even an embroidered patch on a collared shirt & slacks. Just t-shirts, jeans & lettering on a vest. There was no mention of a marked cruiser for the trooper. I would comply, after I called the local sheriff to send out an officer to confirm who they say they are.

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to believe I would not comply without a warrant. I hope I would have many good questions and they would have good answers. It's just a friendly chat? With one standing on your lawn, one in your doorframe and another pacing back and forth on your porch? Why 3 officers from 2 different agencies? I got the distinct impression the state cop didn't want to be there.

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,722 ******
    edited July 2022

Turn around, go back in the house, and close the door.

• Options

My problem is the information they have.

My problem is that they are there at all.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Bleep those guys.............without a warrant, they can go back to the station.