In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1911a1 colt

made in 1918 government property Nickel with gold plated trigger, hammer, and safety needs cleaning , and gold redone on trigger. whats it worth. ballpark...

Comments

• Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭

Add some pics to your post.

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,977 ******

maybe $450 as a shooter............no collector value

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭✭

Mike Wiskey is right. It is not as original from the manufacture, there for that takes away from it’s value.

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Lost me at Nickel ...

1911 A1 was not adopted untill 1924 !

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,639 ✭✭✭✭

I admit I know little to nothing about such guns but what I have learned . they were done after leaving colt

over the years several fellow workers would come in all excited about a special "officers" model that was nickel or chrome plated and think they had a rare find and got a great deal on a rare gun and I would have to break the news it may have been a officers gun true but was done after it left colt and kills the true collector value . just a shooter now

I would not turn one away at great price and use a shooter truck gun or conversation piece .. I even tried to buy one after telling the owner I was sorry to break the news to him but the fellow owned up he paid a great deal for it he bought the story hook line and sinker and got scammed ( another reason he would not sell it to me I guess thought I was just trying to cheat him out of it )

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭

If it is an A1 it was not made in 1918.