In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bone-In - Center Cut Pork Chop 'Purist' - DO NOT READ THIS!!!!

AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭

If you like bone-in - center- cut - pork-chops - fried or baked or grilled - try coating them and don't be stingy with a 50-50 mix of Leggs Old Plantation Barbecue Seasoning and Rub and freshly ground black pepper. Put in plastic zip-lock bag and refrigerate over night. Fry - bake - grill as you like. One caveat - contains monosodium glutamate.

A. C. Leggs Packaging Co.. Inc - Birmingham, Alabama - 35203

Winn-Dixie weekend ad - bone-in center cut pork chops - $2.49 per pound.

NO - whoever their parent company is - I don't own any stock.

Best Regards - AQH

Comments

• Options
    Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

...Like the thin bone-in, floured and fried...thick cut bone-in grilled over hickory, not charcoal, just hickory...if I can find the Leggs Old Plantation Barbecue Seasoning and Rub, I'll try 'em fixed this way...love pork chops, pork roast, pork ribs...if it squeals, I like it...

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭

Like to buy a long pork center cut and slice pieces 1" thick. Next cut a deep pocket in each piece getting as close to the edge without going thru. Fill the pocket with cheese and chopped jalapenos. Bread heavily and bake or place in a air fryer until done: Cordon Bleu Texas style.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,389 ******

It's available on amazon but I just use pretty much the same ingredients from scratch to make my own rub for pork and without the msg or the hickory smoke flavoring, Mine get's its smoke flavor from real wood smoke, mesquite and/or pecan.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I would eat any of the above Yummy

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,428 ******

With the current higher costs for beef, I have been eating a lot of pork lately. I've found that the beef I have brought home has been much lower in quality.

I will make it a point to look for some of that Leggs seasoning. Sounds good!