In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wonderful Friday..

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in General Discussion

It all started when the Tenants moved out July 1 with no notice. They broke both handles on the toilets just for fun... and the door jam on the entry door. No biggie. I went in and replace the vinyl flooring in kitchen..yet to be glued in.. and decided to put a sign out front.. for sale... Showed the property 5 times and bingo..this morning a purchase agreement was signed. Just a wonderful day selling another property....The other side of the duplex was empty ....Just a few more to go...

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭✭

House sales are crazy up here, a shoe box with 2 car garage on 2 acres went on sale last week for $ 199.000.

Afriend looked at it 2 days later and found it sold for $ 240.000, one offer out of the blue, even surprised the agent

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,431 ******

Do you use a Realtor select-fire, or sell on your own?

I know that there is a lot of red tape you have to know and go through to sell a property. I have always used Realtors but in my lifetime have only bought and sold 5 homes total.

• Options
    edited July 2022

Sold it myself. Wrote my own simple purchase agreement. Showed to 5 folks. Funny I was shaking the hands of the new owners and they were in their car to leave and my phone text. I jumped out and stopped them..showed them the text the woman I showed it to just a couple hours earlier.. text me to set up the meet to purchase. I told the ones there.. I already shook your hands it is old. Came back and met them in an hour with the agreement, took a deposit , wrote a receipt and advised them they could go to their attorney or mine. Mine had sent me an email since he had done the title search yrs ago..he only needed to update it and could save them money. Should close in no more than a couple weeks since it is non financed. Property was purchased " AS IS" and no due diligence

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭

I've just put up a sign & spread the word it was up for sale. This time, I added a listing on Zillow for a property from my aunts estate. The vacant lot is selling for 20% over original offers. Due to it's location, same as a decent house in my area. I assigned realtors a number when they called & reached 47. Several already had a buyer lined up. They backed off when I asked how the shill buyer was related to them & that it wouldn't get them the listing.

• Options

The back up to the back up wants to purchase if the buyer doesn't. Income property is hot.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,272 ✭✭✭✭

I need you to talk to my girlfriend. She owns 5 rentals and she won't sell. I used to do all the maintenance, I quit doing that and have been urging her to sell, at least one of them. She won't sell. Good Lord am I sick of hearing "The rent is late...central air went out....oak tree landed on house...."

The problems pop up about once every 2 weeks, and the problems are, literally, infinite.

• Options

Allen, my whole rental career is just about over. One more rental to go that a realtor has listed... then a house that I bought at a tax sale and renovated. It has been rented for quite some time and I will owner finance it. I have my monies back on investment.