In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Seller shipped gun to wrong ffl

JimWeitzel1JimWeitzel1 Member Posts: 4

Bought a gun and seller shipped to a ffl 4 hr away?Ive mssg gunbroker to no avail...what to do?Thanks Jim

Comments

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭

Have seller pay to have wrong FFL ship it to your FFL.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

Just call the "wrong" ffl, and have them ship it to your correct ffl. If there is a fee, contact the seller to have them pay it.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

Shipped or delivered? If the gun is in transit and went UPS or FedEx it can be rerouted...for a fee. I screwed up and had to do this. The cost was equal to the original shipping change, but it was worth it.

Otherwise, do as the other members suggested and have the dealer ship to the correct dealer and pay the costs.

Failing that...road trip.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I would think a few polite phone calls could cure the situation

• Options

Thanks folks!!

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭

drive over and get it, then send seller bill for gas......

• Options
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭

each way and is it in the same state?

• Options
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

If it can't be rerouted as Mark mentioned, call the seller and see what you can work out. Maybe the correct and incorrect FFL could meet up if they happen to be going close to each other for something, business or pleasure.....

• Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭

How this happened matters. As stated above, best choices are, 1) drive the 4(x2) hours, 2) or have receiving FFL send to correct FFL. I might add..."have receiving FFL send back to sending FFL". The difference will be how hard you push and who eats the cost (with consideration for how bad you want the gun at the price you paid).

Your fault = you eat the gas/time cost OR you eat the shipping/fees.

Sending FFL fault = they eat the gas/time cost OR they eat the shipping/fees...assuming you can get them to agree. If not, see "your fault" above, with appropriate feedback as your only real recourse.

This really should be solved within that circle and NOT end up with GB involvement. Not every transaction is smooth; hope you can get it sorted out to your satisfaction. Welcome to the forums.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,708 ✭✭✭✭

It’s happened with us a few times…..but the reason it went to a wrong destination was almost always the buyers fault with our experience. They choose a dealer on Gun Broker, the ffl is sent over to us automatically and this is when the buyer realizes they have picked the wrong place. If this happens we just charge the shipping to get it sent over to the right place. This is one of the reasons I insist the buyer contact their ffls and have their paperwork sent over…..I don’t want anyone saying “call cabelas and get their ffl because chances are we will get the wrong one.”

So, my question on this was any of this avoidable…..did your seller have to get your ffl from the transfer dealer? Did you choose an ffl thinking it was the one you wanted? I’m just saying this is what has happened to us in the past.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com