In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,970 ✭✭✭✭

That is unusual for a grizzly, but I would not have gone back to the tent and cookies. Motel in Jackson Hole would have looked more inviting. Despite what the expert Captain fun tried to tell me, it is usually black bears that regard humans as lunch even though they are smaller than grizzlies. Grizzly attacks usually happen when humans get too close to cubs.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,639 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

At least it was quick if report was correct

Terrible way to go regardless

I have been watching some wild life videos in Africa

I will add being eaten alive by assorted predators doesn't look so great

Especially when at least one has your head and and neck choking you and at least one or more is eating and tearing off your family jewels while others are tearing out your guts but seems to be very common practice I cringe on just thought of the pain there dinner is going thru

Marlin Perkins left out that part when I was just a kid watching his show

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,428 ******

I have always felt that most of those animal scenes from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom were staged. Marlin would be doing all the descriptive talking while "Jim" was out of sight releasing the Leopard (or whatever) from its cage. 😁 Poor "Jim" sure took his share of bites, clawing's, and bloody bruises making that show, all while ole Marlin safely got all the recognition.

Sure do agree that being attacked and killed by a bear would be a very bad way to go!

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭

IF I was in bear country it would have to be with a sidearm on me all times. Just me I suppose but heck no I am out of the tent the first time the bear was there. Well just have to use judgement, better.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭

e. 😁 Poor "Jim" sure took his share of bites, clawing's, and bloody bruises making that show, all while ole Marlin safely got all the recognition.

I remember the best one, Marlin said" Jim appears to be in trouble wrestling the 16 foot PYTHON! " Uhh yea, Jim was being manhandled by that thing and Marlin stayed away. I thought the python really had him and was going to die. In the end I believe Jim stabbed him in the head to save himself. Yea Jim got balled up more than once. 😲

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,272 ✭✭✭✭

Don't keep snack food in your tent.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,428 ******

Sleeping in a tent in bear country. You are the snack food!

I'd never do it alone. Would have company with me and someone would stand watch at night during sleep hours. Everyone well armed of coarse.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭