In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is this a "NRA excellent" and "visually perfect bore"?

RaydeonRaydeon Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in General Discussion

Item # 938240918 (I'm not sure if you can still find it since it's already ended)

The description reads "1873 Model Trapdoor Springfield with NRA antique excellent bore. Good wood. Cleaning rod present. Looks to be an old Bannerman rifle but not sure. Serial number very faded but first three numbers look to be 144. 32" barrel with virtually perfect bore. "...

But with my newbie eyes i see a shot out bore with heavy rusts throughout the entire bore. It's not even remotely close to the description. No way this is a NRA excellent and visually perfect bore. Calling it bad is an understatement.

I've already contacted the seller. But just in case he/she refuses to work with me. What are my options to get my money back and what should I do with the rifle?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

Reckon its all academic since you purchased it.

• Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭

with NRA antique excellent bore

I think I would have paid a little more attention to that word "Antique" and the way it used in the description

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,364 ******

Sorry you have had a bad experience on your recent purchase, but these forums are not here for that purpose, the following is from the guidelines about posting that you were supposed to read in order to use these forum:

"Complaints or criticism about GunBroker.com, its staff, its policies, or any buyer or seller on that site. If you have a problem with an auction transaction use the auction feedback system and/or contact tech support.

You will not bad mouth Gun Broker in Gun Broker's house. 50% of the new members who were tossed were booted for that exact reason. They came in with a bad attitude towards Gun Broker and they left with a worse attitude towards me. Well, that's why I'm here 😎. The same for the buyer/seller complaints. Since were never hear form both parties in the forum, it is just he said-she said. Take the buyer/seller complaint issues to customer service and let them sort it out."

You are welcome to post things that fall within the guidelines but as you can read above this comment is closed.

This discussion has been closed.