In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I've started something...my friend is not excited about the new trick his dogs have learned!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭

He has three great danes. They come to our house when he works for me......so I get to love on his dogs like they are my own grandpuppies. The upstairs bathroom sink is the perfect hight for them to drink out of if you turn the sink on. So, now they come running whenever anyone turns on a sink. He just posted on Facebook....."look what you've done!" Too funny!

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭

wouldn't it be easier to just leave the toilet seat up??????????

• mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Next step.......Teach them how to turn it on themselves.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

Funny

I still like dogs more than some people lol

We have cat my wife found on the road when it was 6 to 8 weeks old It's just over a year d or so now

Any way if it hears the water in my bath room sink running it also comes running sticks it head under the faucet to drink

He is odd ball cat more like a dog in many ways

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely, some of the finest people I have ever known are my dogs

• Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

My sister is nuts for Great Danes. She has owned quite a few over the years and boy some stories I can tell!

One time, she took her Dane shopping and left a 50 pound bag of kibble in her Jeep along with ole Gideon as she went into another store. When she came out that bag was at least half gone and the rest of her car was strewn with torn paper and kibble. Another time she brought her Dane over to my place where we planned to walk the dogs together with our Golden Retriever. My wife had a fairly large beef roast out on the kitchen counter thawing that she kind of forgot about. As we sat in the living room visiting, ole Gideon struck again! Took about 5 minutes and that roast along with its freezer wrap packaging was GONE! Counter surfing is a Great Dane specialty!😁

• Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭

I caught a big hound up on the kitchen counter at the neighbors house chewing on a big fat frozen chicken he got out of the sink while the women were waiting to fix for supper. The women were in the living room jawing waiting on neighbors hubby to get home. The * and tan hound jumped off the counter top with the big chicken in his mouth and dropped the chicken on the floor as he ran for the screen door. I opened the door for him and placed/throwed the big chicken back in the sink. The chicken looked like it had been shot with a shotgun and buckshot.

I did not tell anyone what I had seen. I could not eat (chew on) any of that fried chicken the others were enjoying for supper. I hid a fried chicken leg in my pocket and later give it to the hound. He liked me as a friend and wanted to sit in my lap..

The kids made a inside the house lap dog out of that hound that I had given them as a puppy.

The hound slept with the kids.

I like Dawgs. They just don't live long enough.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Take them in the Kitchen and teach them how to get the ice out of the icemaker . Push button and bingo..

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

It's a good idea to treat dogs well. Especially ones bigger than you.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭

I knew a family that had problems with this...but it was a Jack Russell. The silly thing had to jump up to hit the button...he'd get an ice cube from time to time, but if he tried a couple times and couldn't get something he'd latch onto the lever thing and try to pull it out of the fridge.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com