In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

P14 Enfield "drill purpose" stock

Enos PresleyEnos Presley Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Ask the Experts

Found it in a junk pile after a condemned house was torn down. It has white and red stripes painted around where the receiver would be and various stamped markings on the sides of the butt. It also has the cut for the volley sights. The rear section of the handguard and nosecap are missing, but has the barrel bands, sling swivel and buttplate. It's got some pretty hard wear on it, so what I am wondering is if it is worth anything. Not sure drill rifles are very collectible unless they're chrome parade guns. Anyone have any idea? Thought I would ask. If it's not, I may just build up a dummy with some random bits and bobs as a wall-hanger.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited August 2022

" I may just build up a dummy with some random bits and bobs as a wall-hanger."..............good idea. the brits sold off a bunch of these 'drill' rifles some years back. most could be 're-watt'ed' into sporting rifles by replaceing the stocks and barrels. your stock has minimal $$$ value but may bring a few bucks at a gum show.