In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The last infrastructure bill

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Last years trillion dollar infrastructure bill is being spent fast. Of course, we can trust that our illustrious politicians are spending it wisely. It isn't their fault a trillion bucks doesn't buy as much as it used to;

Am I the only one that thinks replacing 2 buses shouldn't cost 4 million dollars? I think hydrogen vehicles make sense, but the MTA has been using them for a dozen years and already has the infrastructure to support the fleet. It is not like they are starting from square one, they are only replacing the last 2 diesel buses still in use. Before you know it, Geriatric Joe's trillion dollars will be gone and they will be looking for another mega spending bill for infrastructure. Of course now that they have to figure out how to spend 3/4 of a trillion from the inflation,.... err... health and energy bill, so they probably won't worry about infrastructure for a while. At least until they need to buy more votes. Bob

Comments

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

But Bob! You forget that the PLANNING costs for any improvements take at least 75% of a set budget. 😲

I heard rumors that Flints planning commissioner is unavailable for comments because he\she is on an around the world sabbatical working to get the kinks out of a brand new yacht.

(GREEN FONT turned on)

• lpaalplpaalp Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

$3.8 Trillion since Biden took office. Record spending, record inflation. Social structure going to hell, record high deaths from drug overdoses, critical shortage of low income housing, border wide open for 2 million new people this year.

What did I miss?

• Anti KueAnti Kue Member Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

What ever happened to the two buses Obama bought for his "bus tour" (He actually flew from city to city and then got on the bus for the photo op. ) This was just before the election for his 2nd term and he was out promoting one of his programs. One of the buses was supposed to go to the Republican canidate so they could do a "bus tour" for the election and Obama could claim that the use of gov. money to buy the buses went to both parties.

🚌🚌