In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Couldn't bring myself to post about it yesterday

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,371 ******

August 22, 1992 Lon Horiuchi murdered Vicki Weaver while she held her infant daughter. It pisses me off to this day to think about it.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,005 ******

Small consolation, he'll have to answer to his Maker some day.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Same here. Lon, a dark stain on "Duty, Honor, Country. " Lavoy Finnicum in Oregon and David in Waco should have been arrested on his bike rides. Least not we forget "Wounded Knee". Abuse of Power and it will happen again. ---------------------------Ray

PS: Shorter than 18" the barrel (part) alone is legal. Assemble it to a weapon and it is a felony.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Had the privilege of meeting Mr. Weaver many years ago.

Talk about a raw deal, he sure got one.

• mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

I met him and his daughter at a gun show and bought the book.

Read the transcripts and Spence pushed Lon to the wall. Not about "Rules of Engagement" "You just wanted to kill Vicki right" --------------------------Ray

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 25,035 ✭✭✭✭

sure we trust the government look at there history even back when they gave the native americans blankets infected with small pox took all there gun and history put them on reservation's

or killed and injured the WWI vets out side the capital for protesting asking for there promised support

waco and all the kids and women killed

and many more .

even the Jan 6th protesters still locked up yet thousands of illegals and the BLM and antifa still free after all the millions they cost the tax payers

as far as ruby ridge this just part of waht I have heard the undercover agent hounded Randy for three years to cut a shotgun down and randy after 3 years gave it but left it just beyond the laws limit the agent then took it back said its still too long cut down just a little more so he did then the BATF went after randy and his family

1st in my mind no way would I cut any shotgun barrel down for some one else . I would say heres 5 bucks buy your self a hack saw and have at it .. that part I will never get why he chose to to do it and then again to cut just enought off to make it illegal

but no matter he was set up as in "entrapment " big time and his family murdered no matter how you look at at it . I think the family got just over three million but thats not going to bring back a son and a wife . and no government agency has ever said we screw up

amazing and then compare it to now when some one is killed like a minority and cities are looted and burned down many people are killed police are put in prison and huge settlement's in millions of dollars . and what they did was way beyond cutting a shotgun barrel down under 18" and to think 200.00 would have got a tax stamp to have the gun

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,629 ✭✭✭✭

I will never forgive myself for not driving the 80 odd to show support for the Weaver family during the standoff.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭

One of the darker days along with Waco were we know the story, Lavoy Finnicum, (sp) and wonder why some people to this day can believe the "government" can and do murder without issue US citizens. i would like tp pizz on Lon's grave imo, just pure evil and I know I should not have said that.

And Janet went to Gen. Boykin (Delta Force/SF) for advice on which gas to use. Disgusting. His reply "I don't have a dog in this fight"-----------------------------------Ray

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,371 ******

The media did their dirty work to vilify the Weavers as criminals just digging in and causing trouble. Hell, most sites that carry the story still try to claim they are/were white supremacists even if they are otherwise somewhat sympathetic to their plight (most are not). I think some modicum of forgiveness should be granted to yourself. We just didn't know what wonderful people these folks really were. Not that that should matter much. The trampling of someone's rights shouldn't depend on whether we like the folks or not, but you also had to weigh the cost of getting involved to stand up for someone that we were all told were pure evil. It wasn't until Vicki got shot through the door that I started to really realize what was going on was not good. Heck I didn't even get the details of Sammy's death until it was all over. Had I known he was just a young kid who only knew that someone had just shot his dog... and was then frickin' shot in the back! I would have been there in moments. But that was covered up until it was all over.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭

The Weaver's didn't have a dog in the fight for very long either. They shot and killed the dog too.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Yep, and the media is defending them today. However, the main focus of todays FBI is to operate a protection racket for key DEMOCRATs and their financiers and destroy political opposition.

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭

After that event I have no respect for Federal law enforcement. In fact I think it is unconstitutional and all federal LE should be dismantled.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Remember what Ben Franklin said! We will all hang separately if we don't hang together The rest of the world does not have the right to bear arms singularly and even if they petition their government for grievances of powers and they are rejected they have no recourse but slavery or death.

To think all government power will be moral in all things is absurdity. The constitution does not follow the flag anymore. The Central Bank here in American along with Congress with an open purse is destroying our republic, The right to keep and bear arms is the last thing that stands in there way. They want it destroyed.

Beto here in Texas is gaining strength and he just might be the one to start the Democrats marching to massive gun control with enough votes to infringe our rights irrevocable like the rest of the world has been done already.

serf

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭

Consultants or Observer? Army/Pentagon denied. CIA claims three Delta Force on grounds. I doubt we will ever know the truth.----------------------------Ray

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭

The truth is the LE people murdered citizens of the USA without any retribution other than Randy getting some money.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

At least Harris was exonerated for the killing of Marshal William Degan. Too bad he took out the wrong one.

Hopefully, Marshall Larry Cooper struggled with shooting Sammy Weaver in the back for the rest of his life, and if still alive, I hope it haunts him to this day. The coward even blamed Randy Weaver as the shooter. Forensic evidence later proved him to be lying, but from what I understand, he was never disciplined for either the shooting or lying about it.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele