In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spam & Junk Call Filters

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting more and more unwanted calls on my iPhone. What add-ons do you guys use?

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

I only answer calls from numbers programmed into my directory so that ID will show up.. All others go to voice mail and most never leave a message.

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭

My phone tells me if it's spam

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,196 ✭✭✭✭

RoboCall is a good one. I think it's $50/year but it is very effective.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭

I do the same as 102. If it is an unknown number I don't answer. It it of any importance they will leave a voice mail.

• Options

I salute you if you have the numbers of all your important contacts memorized. I certainly can't.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,360 ******

All of my contacts come up with their name on the phone when it rings. Works same on my landline and my flip phone. The landline also says spam call when it happens which is about 98% of the calls I get on that phone. I had one of those smart phones for a couple of years but replaced it with a simple trac phone flip type.

• Options

I have caller ID, also, but half the time it's either "Name Unavailable" or I just see a city and number. There are also spoof calls where the ID comes up as somebody I do know - except when I answer it's some scammer.

Lately, when it's some live azzwipe, I first tell them they're a liar and a crook. When they protest I ask them to tell me what is on my caller ID. They usually hang up.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭

With so many people working from home, using their personal phones for business, it is increasingly difficult to sort out. Area codes have become meaningless. Answering only to numbers in your contact list will make you miss some important calls, especially those related to medical or insurance issues.