In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Way up here in New York State on the Vermont border....

ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭

Herself and I were grocery shopping this morning. The clerk had to get a Supervisor to clear me to buy a can of whipped cream. We now have a law, that you have to be 21 to buy canned whipped cream, and show ID.

You can vote without showing ID, but not tp spritz your strawberries.....😲

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Yea, kids take the rubber seal on the bottom and snort the gas, believe that's right.

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭

Good Lord Aunt Agatha! What stupid thing will they go after next?

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭

I was in the checkout line and the cute little clerk,probably in her 20s carded an old geezer older than me when he bought a pack of cigarettes. She said it was state law to card everyone that buys tobacco of any kind.

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe all the idiots who like to do crazy things to themselves, should be allowed to do so, or maybe even encouraged. After they have all killed themselves off, we might be back to something resembling a normal population.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

Back in my day as a kid I had to get my mom to buy the Testor's Model Cement (Airplane Glue) in order to put together many of the plastic models I built. She never had to show her ID though. 😯

They don't call that whipped cream in a can DREAM whip for nothing!

• chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

Reminds me of the 60s song "They Call It Mellow Yellow" For a while you had to 18 to buy bananas.

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭

So, I guess if you are over 21 it's considered ok to snort whipped cream?

America, what a country.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

So I hear, the kids turn the can upside down and snort the propellant gas, which is nitrous oxide.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

I just hope the Chinese do not start importing the canned whipped cream! The propellant gas they would use would be a combination of CO + Heavy Carcinogen's like the stuff they keep putting in all of the prescription meds! 😲

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

...Nitrous Oxide...my favorite part of a trip to the Dentist...a bass fishing buddy of mine is a Dentist, he said some people get their hands on a tank of Nitrous and open the valve inside a closed up truck/car...he said they get so screwed up they dont realize theyre passing out and NEED oxygen, and they suffocate...Nitrous displaces the oxygen...