In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Artemis

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭

Get ‘em next time!

Comments

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭

NASA .............. How to launch a rocket it ten attempts or less, (definitely old school NASA).

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

It seems that the Artemis is an attempt to do something that that was accomplished several times decades ago using the Saturn V rocket, except this time with a new more powerful rocket for some reason. The real objective may be to place a black and a woman on the moon just ahead of the 2024 election.

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Something that Gleason could have done decades ago, truthful!

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not going to defend it; I think the Artemis program is doomed just on cost alone. But the objective is to have more or less permanent bases both orbiting and on the moon, with the goal of using them as stepping stones to Mars.

The rocket is more powerful because the crew capsule is a lot bigger and designed for longer duration flights than Apollo. That requires a bigger rocket.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if Brandon and  Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy are still welcome on Putins Russian space station?

• Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

They don't have Wernher von Braun to show them how to do it anymore. They would still be trying to get on the moon for the first time if it wasn't for him and the scientist they got from Germany. NASA couldn't have come up with the Saturn V rocket without him so there would have been no way to get to the moon. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done in Germany with all of those brilliant scientist they had if Hitler hadn't attacked the world and put an end to everything.

They had so many geniuses working in those programs it would have been amazing to see where this world would be today had Hitler not been an idiot. Albert Einstein would have stayed in Germany if it hadn't been for the idiot wanting to kill all the Jews and it's hard telling what he would have come up with given an unlimited budget instead of spending every cent on military equipment while fighting the whole world at the same time.

I would really like to know what that big concrete structure they had built was supposed to hold? Looks like a landing pad for a flying saucer. They were supposed to be working on an anti-gravity machine also. At least they were doing some interesting work. Maybe they would have and maybe not but if nobody is trying different things then nothing ever gets invented.