In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bad reddot setups?

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

Follow me for more great reddot setups.

A shop actually sold the magnifier and set it up after the reddot on the first picture for a friend. It actually works this way and I'd say the eye relief is better this way. So the magnifier is actually on the barrel rail....

Yes, I kinda like the reddot way up there on the AK though the weight balance is a bit heavy up there.

ATF says people don't run magnifiers on pistols without shouldering the gun. ATF bois are wrong again. From a bench this can hit a 6 inch target at 100 yards.

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

"Yes, I kinda like the reddot way up there on the AK though the weight balance is a bit heavy up there."

The bigger issue is the instability of the part that the dot is mounted on. Wiggly-wobbly handguards or gas block/tube are not good for sight mounting.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭

First one is not quite a suicide special. If the magnifier was reversed then yes, suicide special.

Second one is mounted backwards, too? As for the mount if it's the Midwest Industries I think their rail is built into the handguard floated above the gas tube. Better than mounting it on the dust cover like they did on the Draco.

• Options
    jkbt1jkbt1 Member Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

When I saw two mounted at first , I admit to thinking maybe it was a pair of junk holosuns so you have a spare for the inevitable breakdown.