In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Howdy folks.

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in General Discussion

Stopping to say hi and let you know we're still alive, LOL. Our son took two months off and traveled the united states, to see as many of the state parks as he could. He started in Northern California, in the red wood forest. He went to Utah, Arizona, North and South Dakoda, Nevada, Minnesota, Michigan, Texas, New Mexico and a few other places. He camped in a tent along the way, staying in hotels about once a week. He even camped at Area 51!!!! Chris arrived home last Friday to see us, then took back off to Chattanooga Tennessee, Helen Georgia and Alabama. He should be returning this week for my birthday, then back to work. This was a once in a lifetime trip, that he saved for since he was in his early teens. His next trip is going to be across Europe. He really enjoys history, state parks and hiking.

As for Donna and I, we are all doing very well. I'm starting to think about either retiring, or scaling back on work. Starting to really feel it in my bones now. We have been seriously considering our next move to Alabama , Tennessee, or Georgia. It truly is a very hard decision to make. We love all three states and the people that live there. I love Alabama and Tennessee, and she really loves Georgia the most, but would consider the other two states. Either way, we cannot wait to leave communist NJ.

I hope everyone is doing well. Oakie.

Comments