In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger LCRx issue....UPDATED

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in General Discussion

Ruger LCRx in .22 LR. Decent little revolver overall. The issue is it shoot about 5" high at 10 yards. Seems like it will make a decent little kit gun as it is fairly accurate except for the shooting high.. It has adjustable sights, we have cranked the sight as far as it will go..... searched for replacement front sights for it and there are different ones available but for the most part they are marked not for use on the LCRx in .22LR...

Anyone else have an LCRx in .22 and found a replacement front sight that takes care of this issue ??

UPDATE:

I took the LCRx to the range again, set up a solid rest and fired 5 shots with the rear sight cranked all the way down using CCI Mini-Mags at 10 yards.....Results was a 3/4" group just over 4" above point of aim....For the fun of it I cranked the rear sight all the way up and fired 5 more rounds...Just under an inch and just under 18" above point of aim.

Today a phone call to Ruger Customer Service and told them of my issue. They listened to the issue and while I was still on the phone, a shipping label with instructions were emailed to me and my questions were answered....I packed up the LCRx and drove to a nearby Fedex hub and shipped it back to Ruger..

So far so good....will update this thread when I received the firearm back from service....

Comments