In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Visa categorizing gun sales

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

I've read several different articles regarding this and the bulk of the liberal sites are saying this will prevent mass shootings. They don't say how it will do that and I personally don't see how it will. I know the credit card companies track other information and sell it to retailers. Will they do the same with this? Who will actually get to see this info?

In our past exchanges, Serf expressed his worry about digital currency being tracked in the future. One of my replies was that if he uses a credit card it was already happening. Sometimes it sucks to be right. Bob

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******

With the free enterprise system, even if the woke companies band together, another will come around and say " Hey, these folks spend a lot of money on guns. Let's capture that market."

That's why capitalism is the great equalizer.

• Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

Why am I not surprised.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭

Just another back door anti gun grab and hurdle thanks to a bunch if left leaning politican pos

They fired off threating notes along with using retirement hedge funds threats if the cc company's sid not track all guns an ammo sales by using a code

NY is all ready bragging it will prevent more violence by tipping off the Leo on who is buying such items

Or there words just common sense laws

I guess you take any eight away by just saying it's just common sense gun law

Complete BS

from what I read next up to pressure the banks issuing the cards to dis allow any gun relayed purchase on there cc

I have said many times we are headed to a cashless society

All transactions will be thru some type of cards . Which also allows big brother more controll and more in your personal life to decide what you can or can't buy

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

They Have cell phone plus line data on every phone number you have dialed the last 15 years sitting in the computer database cloud ready for any investigation the government so chooses to do. The Credit card companies data is just another data base for them. They can even start predicting you particular behavior soon.

You HAVE NO anonymity at all now and their reach is growing daily with all and any data private or public bet on it.

Red flag laws will be the next noose for anyone dumb enough to cross the line.

serf

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

This is so stupid. Criminals won't use their credit card for coded gun sales. How long before Visa, MC, and all the others pull the same nonsense as PayPal when the coding starts. Will they code Gun Parts also? If Serf is correct and they take away the paper money, what then? USPS Money Order or we will have no choice but Face to Face and the Barter System? -------------Ray