In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"A woke Democrat says to jump and, once again, corporate America asks, "How high?" "

Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

Gun wrongs: Corporations need to put customers ahead of power-hungry Democrats (msn.com)

"Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has long been clamoring to make Visa apply a special label to gun purchases made using the company's transaction service. Visa finally acquiesced this week, just as MasterCard and American Express had before them."

"The official explanation is that this somehow could help prevent mass shootings. But there is no way that can happen unless the police are permitted to look over the shoulders of cardholders as they make gun purchases in real time. Do you believe that the government should be able to monitor all of your purchases preemptively without so much as a warrant? Unless you are willing to accept that sort of intrusion, and most people are not, this explanation doesn't wash."

Comments

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Just use cash......until cash becomes outlawed.

When that happens..............if you don't have what you need...............you are SOL.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Well said dreher.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,663 ******
    edited September 2022

Not just young people, dreher.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭

I'll never understand the lure of using cards. When someone gripes to me about paying fees I instantly think they don't need to be using a card because it seems they don't have the money to pay for an item if the fees are a problem. If they had cash and could pay with a check they would avoid the fees by doing this.....but they NEED to use a card, so they gripe about the fees. I'm fortunate that my kids listened about debt and live within their means. Its one of the things I am most proud of that I've done.....teaching them that using cards is always a bad move.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭

I've been following this L-F. Are debit cards, which are often issued by Master Card, or Visa, also in this oversight?

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭

ever check into a hotel and pay cash I will guess very unlikely if ever now rent a car ? so many such thinks a CC is all that's accepted ever buy on line sure all big business will wait on a money order ( LOL ) cc or nothing.

yes they do get abused and always will if you pay it off every month no big deal but look at the interest if you do not .

we destined to become a cashless country I think they will give some grace period to turn in all your money to be converted into virtual baking . and same with gold and silver it will be ordered to be turned in at current market value

I know sounds like tin foil hat time but just look around us now and the direction were going

it all started years ago you , get paid with a check why ? so big brother got his cut up front if we all got paid cash the full amount no deductions ( the way it should be JMHO ) then let us decide about paying tax or get to vote on where it goes LOL they know majority of the people would say no way