In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New rules coming to Illinois

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭

If you have not heard orseen what is coming down in 2023 please take a look on the internet

Take a few minutes and be ready to be mad open season for the bad guys to get away with about any crime you can imagine and tying the cops hands even more

Completely insane what the dems have come up with

Just a hint if you have ever seen one of the purge movies well thats basic there new rules

If you have not seen any of the movies at least do a ff thru one to get the theme

In the movies for 24 hours you Can do any thing I mean anything and it's allowed with no punishment for what you did

Illinois will have no time limit is the difference for a lot of major offenses

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭

Look at what DEMOCRATs support: Open borders, zero bail, reclassifying serious felonies as minor or misdemeanor, creating sanctuary cities, defunding police, (Exception DOJ), allowing felons the right to vote. Making it difficult for honest law abiding non criminal citizens the right to carry IE: NY, IL. List to long for this forum.

DEMOCRAT is the preferred party for crooks and criminals.

BTW: DOJ & FBIs is not being defunded. Their mission now includes investigating, harassing, and smearing political opposition and protecting key DEMOCRATs.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭

got popcorn and watch chicago tv

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******
    edited September 2022
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

Does it really surprise you?

• Options

copied from the article

An Illinois criminal justice reform law will do away with the cash bail system on January 1st, 2023, which means suspects charged with certain felonies - including second-degree murder, aggravated battery, and arson - will be released without bail.

Approximately 400 criminal defendants will be released back into your community,” warned Winnebago County State’s Attorney J. Hanley.

"Anyone sitting in jail right now with all these pending charges, they're going to be let out," Johnson County Sheriff Peter Sopczak said. "The gates are open and they're going to be let out onto the streets."

One part of the 611-page amendment to House Bill 163, a massive police reform initiative introduced by the Illinois Legislative Black Caucus, is the Pretrial Fairness Act, which would abolish cash bail.

The aim of the legislation would set free certain criminal offenders without having to wait in jail for their court date, because they can't afford bond.

Gov. JB Pritzker (D) signed the law in February, saying “Transforming the pretrial detention system so low-income people aren't thrown behind bars while only the wealthy walk free, diverting low-level drug crimes into substance-treatment programs and reducing excessive stays in prison.”

Advocates for the abolishment of cash bail view it as a pillar of institutional racism within the criminal justice system.

Continue reading

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

I worked in and around the court system in Illinois for over 30 years... Based on what I am seeing it will make it much more difficult on the law enforcement community, Court Services and the courts to do their jobs..

I shook the dust of Illinois off my feet almost 9 years ago....I would hate to still be working up there now ! Both of my sons have now left Illinois too and live in far better places. If I did not have a few family members left in up there, I would avoid Illinois all together..

• Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

The hard lessons are the best lessons.. Let Them Learn...

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭

So shoot first and keep on keeping on?

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭

What could possibly go wrong here ?

• Options

They need to Follow the movie a once a year 24 hour free for all kill rob rape breaking bank robbery .murder anything goes

Until the alarm sounds to end it and back to normal

That would be a great weekend to help cost down on crime and court cost

But I would have to pass all it would take is one stray or lucky shot and my fun would be over lol

I would make sure all the politicians have to attend as part of ther office requirements just to spice up the night

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭

I await 'the purge' and have already made my 'to do list'.