In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A pretty successful day

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭

The 13th annual Bust Em' for Breast Cancer shoot went off without a hitch yesterday. Everyone had a good time and we received a lot of positive feedback. When I got up yesterday the fog was pretty thick but by the time I took 20 flats of shells over to the club it was breaking up and by 9 O'clock the skeet shooters had a perfect shooting day. When we sent out the sporting clay squads at 11 it was about 80° with just a slight breeze and that gave us perfect target conditions.

Judy and I shot with 4 shooters that weren't familiar with the clays course and they did really well. Judy and I managed to attain our usual high levels of mediocrity as far as scores but had a ball shooting with a fun group.

Preliminary figures showed we raised around $11,000 this year and with the state of the economy, I am pretty happy with that result. Most of our 80 or so shooters wanted to know the date for next years shoot so I guess we are obligated to do this again next year. In my case, I guess the phrase "no rest for the wicked" would be appropriate. 😀 Bob

Comments