In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Guidance from the Native Texans?

tnrangertnranger Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭

#1 daughter recently bought a “mini ranch” out near Rosanky, TX, and I look forward to checking it out sometime in the near future. Big change from Lubbock. Other than hunting, fishing and the Austin music scene, what are some must visit attractions or eating places within a day trip of that area? Yes, she's already prepared me that I shouldn't embarrass myself by looking for pork BBQ out there. TIA

Comments

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭

Bastrop is a neat little town and I like Bastrop state park. Used to stay there every year with my motorcycle buddies.

Circuit of the Americas race track is near there as well.

• Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

You moved down where the liberals roam. Shoulda gone north.😁

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

...Head over to the Congress Ave. bridge about an hour before sundown and watch a million plus bats leave their roost under the bridge, its free...an hour and a half before sundown will give you time to get parked...1,000,000+ bats, is a heck of a lot of bats!...

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited September 2022

Not a native Texican but spent quite a bit of time there in the military. Finding FREE entertainment was just a way of life while there back then. To see those bats would have definitely been on my list if I only knew!

My wife and I would take road trips from Wichita Falls to places like Jacksboro or Lake Arrowhead. Would stop along the country roadways every time we came upon a dead snake. Most of which were diamondback rattlers.

Doesn't sound too exciting looking back but it was FREE entertainment and gas was cheap back then!

• tnrangertnranger Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭

Thanks guys. Most of those sound worth checking out. I have enough experience with copper mouth rattle moccasins here in TN, though . BIL had a timber rattler crawl up between his feet down at the pool one night, and one of my beagles found one under the ramp to my side deck. He'd been insisting something was under there for a couple of summers before I found out he was right.